Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk users Gaffer Tap over your MIDI IN & OUT

lyndasfarn12

I have been notified by Line6 the only thing you will ever be able to control on your "Very Expensive" 

Firehawk 1500 via MIDI is change patches.They have no intention of fixing it, it's a case of false advertising

I'm sorry but the Firehawk 1500 midi features will only allow you to change patches. The info in the back of the manual

is not correct. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Will - Line 6 Support

Thanks a lot Line6 the sooner you let anyone else who may be intending to by the amp to take advantage of the so-called MIDI CONTROL (like myself) that Line6 does not have the knowledge or the know-how to impliment what most other brands can do without a hitch.

That is ridiculous really.

I've more than 2.000 euros already invested in MIDI controllers and no, I'm not gonna buy another stupid pedalboard because they don't want to make it working as any other device would work with MIDI protocol.

This amp is a blast but looks like a dead horse already.

Bad.

Flippin'eck!

The FH1500 is a great idea, but I'm starting to think it's an evolutionary dead-end. There are too many glitches to make this a viable long-term product unless they sort them out with some form of update soon. You'd have thought that with the backing of Yamaha they'd be all over these issues like a rash: mono headphones, glitchy bluetooth, non-existent MIDI etc... I've been a Line6 advocate for 16 years. There are other products out there, maybe it's time to drop the brand loyalty and move on...

• Upvote 1

I have been notified by Line6 the only thing you will ever be able to control on your "Very Expensive" 

Firehawk 1500 via MIDI is change patches.They have no intention of fixing it, it's a case of false advertising

I'm sorry but the Firehawk 1500 midi features will only allow you to change patches. The info in the back of the manual

is not correct. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Will - Line 6 Support

Thanks a lot Line6 the sooner you let anyone else who may be intending to by the amp to take advantage of the so-called MIDI CONTROL (like myself) that Line6 does not have the knowledge or the know-how to impliment what most other brands can do without a hitch.

Did the rep actually say they have no intention of updating it, though? The fact that the manual uses the word "reserved"  (the manual says, "Firehawk has reserved a number of MIDI CC#s for global functions.") makes it sound like there are plans to add this functionality in the future.

As far as "having the knowledge or the know-how", I'm sure that's not the issue. This sort of CC implementation is available all across Line 6's product line. It's probably more an issue of freeing up the right developer's time to get it implemented for the Firehawk.

Did the rep actually say they have no intention of updating it, though? The fact that the manual uses the word "reserved"  (the manual says, "Firehawk has reserved a number of MIDI CC#s for global functions.") makes it sound like there are plans to add this functionality in the future.

As far as "having the knowledge or the know-how", I'm sure that's not the issue. This sort of CC implementation is available all across Line 6's product line. It's probably more an issue of freeing up the right developer's time to get it implemented for the Firehawk.

Hey Phil_M,

This is Will of Line6 Support reply. I can take this reply only one way

Hi,I'm sorry but the Firehawk 1500 midi features will only allow you to change patches.  The info in the back of the manual is not correct.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Thanks,Will - Line 6 Support

Hey Phil_M,

This is Will of Line6 Support reply. I can take this reply only one way

Hi,I'm sorry but the Firehawk 1500 midi features will only allow you to change patches.  The info in the back of the manual is not correct.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Thanks,Will - Line 6 Support

I saw the reply earlier. Like I said, he's not saying they'll never update it. As of now, though, those CCs don't work. The fact that the manual says they're reserving them sounds like they may be planning to add this functionality in the future. FWIW, there was a big update to the DT amps that added all sorts of MIDI functionality, so it's certainly not unrealistic to think that they may be planning to update the Firehawk MIDI in the future.

Thanks Phil_M,

I hope you are right, all us Firehawk user would like is some word from Line6 wheather or not an update is a option. After all it is stated in Pilots Guide in black and white

13. Midi In/ Out/ Thru - connect midi devices to control Firehawk 1500

on Midi channel 1. See Midi implementation chart for details

You and I could speculate over this for months all we want to know is line6 going to fix this problem going forward

I honestly think nothing is gonna happen. For what I can see...seems they are not really caring about further developing/improving on that product. This amp looks like has been delivered as sort of monument on top of the firehawk serie and does not look it's a product which is going well on the market, at all.

The silence on this sub-forum is, imho, a proof of that. We are very few and almost all question threads are basically a shot in the dark. Even this MIDI thing, has been asked a millions of time. Never had an official and final answer. It's also since day 1 that people, using this amp as FRFR, is reporting the awful hiss after 50% of volume, and I saw zero official support on this.

To me looks sort of "take it as it is", product is done, and it's a shame as it does sound stellar.

Agreed. It would be nice if someone from Line6 could comment on future updates / plans for this amp. Their silence is suggestive of the general feeling on this thread that the FH1500 is a forgotten product, and there is no intention to attend to the issues discussed in this forum. These are not "Idea Scale" suggestion they are system flaws or misrepresentations. I work within the software industry and we are responsible for fixing flaws within our products or suffering a financial penalty - once the product is 'in flight'.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry to say the feedback I have been getting from the Line6 rep here in Australia is not good. This was after he had spoken to Line6 guys at a product launch here recently, he did not come back to me with any good news. He suggested we use Line6 "Ideascale" website to put our case forward about getting midi functions implemented. What a shame we paid all that money to get an amp that was advertised to have all those midi functions, and now we have to spend more of our time and money to try to get Line6 to honour their part of the agreement.

Let's face it; that amp it's sort of abandoned project. Ideascale it will never work as the userbase it's too small that people who needs that MIDI section working as advertised are so few that you could count them on the fingers of one hand or two.