Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tommy Two (many) Tones

Becker100611

Ok, relatively new guy here...  I know the basics of what each effect will do in general, and have had quite limited experience with a few of them.  I have a HD500X and am totally excited about the possibilities, but I get into the edit software and become overwhelmed as to what to do to change the sound.  With all the amps and effects available, its difficult to sort out what to change to tweek the tone the way I would like.

Is there a place one can go to get instructions for the effect settings and what each does to the signal as it passes through?  This would be quicker than looking at a bunch of pre-made patches and trying to piece together how it was done.  Thanks for the help!

Is there a place one can go to get instructions for the effect settings and what each does to the signal as it passes through? ....

Well, yes and no. The thing is, what you are asking about is not specific to Line 6 so no - there is no official Line 6 documentation about such. Line 6 models real world equipment, and - yes - the descriptions and info you ask about is available in the original source documenatatoin from each device manufacturer on the internet.

One of our kind and generous forum members took it upon himself to create a site in the context of Helix that provides links to the product descriptions for the devices that are modelled by Helix. Whether modelled by Helix or the POD, the descriptions of the settings and what they do are the same. This site should give you hours of reading to understand things. Unfortunately there's no short cut. As you have already discovered there are very many FX with a lot of terms and concepts. These will take a long time and a lot of study to understand fully. Just dive in one piece at a time and experiment with th device while reading. It will come gradually.

http://helixhelp.com/pmwiki.php