Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix looper, how to use it ???

eramones

Hi guys!

Am recently got an Helix unit, after been using for 5 years the hd500 I decided to update, but I found a few diferents things and one it's the looper, I don't know hi to configure the looper to keep looping between different presets as I used to do with hd500, usually I do weird effects for background and then a change to other presets for other clean wierdo effects.... if someone can help me I'll appreciate, the loops stop right in the moment I swamp presets

I was just exploring this today after reading the OP.

So long as the same type (Mono or Stereo) of Looper Block is defined in the several Presets and is positioned on the same Path amongst several Presets, it will continue playing and preserve its contents (if not playing) as you switch amongst such Presets.

Using Factory Presets SetList 1 (fw 2.20). I recorded using the Looper existing in the first Preset (001). [Note: I set my Globals for Numeric; not Alphanumeric]. The Looper continued replaying as I advanced through the Presets to Preset 013, where it unexpectedly stopped! This I discovered was due to the fact that Preset 013 has a Stereo Looper defined. The preceeding Presets all contain a Mono Looper Block.

Similarly, when the next Factory Preset was encountered where the Looper format or Path location changed, it stopped again. As I recollect, this was Preset 033 where the Looper was defined on Path 2. Presets 044 through 047 all contain Stereo Looper Blocks, so advancing back and forth amongst them did not terminate the Stereo Looper Block playback nor wipe the Looper's contents.

I did not explore whether Path A vs Path B presents any issues.

My guess (and it is just that) is that it would not, as both Path A and B share the same SHARC DSP; whereas, Path 1 and Path 2 each have their on independent SHARC DSP.