Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

OT: 2nd guitar in a week...

glideman

Congratulations! She's a beauty alright.

I'm sure that even with 20% off, it was still a pretty penny.

I on the other hand had always had a fascination with Parkers but could never afford one. Years passed and I have since had many guitars, one is even a custom made one to my specs. It's easily the most beautiful guitar I own. Now, about eight months ago, I started thinking about Parkers again. I'd played one of the expensive Fly models and found the top horn to be uncomfortable against my body. It poked you a bit because of the sharp point at the top. A few months later, I found a Maxx Fly PDF85 at GC's website, in excellent condition... for $399.00...

Of course, it's now mine. I've since replaced its pickups with Lace Alumitones and now, this cheap little Parker has become my absolute favorite guitar. It's light, comfortable, plays like a dream and the combination of the Alumitones, Piezo pickups and the super smooth tremolo system that just doesn't seem to ever go out of tune from use, is to me, a supremely amazing guitar.

• Upvote 1

Your recent acquisitions are giving me serious GAS for one of the gorgeous PRS's.

Incidentally, my wife has her beautiful brown eyes [just in case she happens to come across this post, lol] on a purse in the neighborhood of $1000. Don't ask me the appeal, because I do not understand, only that it's important to her. Probably same way she feels about my stuff. :)

Anyway, I figure a purse for her = guitar for me. I'm just biding my time. :)

Of course, in my case, perhaps the money is better spent on lessons. 

Your recent acquisitions are giving me serious GAS for one of the gorgeous PRS's.

Incidentally, my wife has her beautiful brown eyes [just in case she happens to come across this post, lol] on a purse in the neighborhood of $1000. Don't ask me the appeal, because I do not understand, only that it's important to her. Probably same way she feels about my stuff. :)

Anyway, I figure a purse for her = guitar for me. I'm just biding my time. :)

Of course, in my case, perhaps the money is better spent on lessons. 

There are purses you can buy that cost $1000?

That's only the tip of the iceberg, she was being frugal, lol. Some were $30,000. At least she's not into expensive shoes.

EDIT: $52,000

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/capucines-mm-crocodile-brillant-012070#N92509

<shakes head in disbelief>

I'm so sorry...

Upside is,... At least she can't complain about your GAS :)

Yeah, she's not getting a $52,000 purse. The $1000 one was ordered, though. And yes, it does tend to enable my GAS - she never complains when I want something. As long as we budget for it - may have to wait a bit until the "mad money" fund has enough, but we have a sort've agreement - she gets something she wants, I get something I want - within reason. It's a good system - we've been married 27 years and it's worked out well so far. :)

• Upvote 1