Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Power Amp help please!

mayboy

Hi,

So my band has recently started booking shows so me and the other guitarist have switched from going directly into a PA. We are looking to go into a power amp and then into a cabinet. I am a bit confused about how these power amps work especially the bridged/mono setting.

https://images.thomann.de/pics/atg/atgdata/document/manual/c_319961_en_online.pdf

This is the power amp we have decided to go for as we are only using 2x12 cabinets and the price is great for the reviews.

I have done extensive research but i am still a bit confused. The cabinet the other guitarist is going to be using is a 16ohm 120w stereo cabinet (can be used as an 8ohm mono) . I am assuming we switch the input to stereo plug the POD into input channel B and then the 2 outputs of channel B into the cabinet.

Unfortunately i may be using a different cabinet. The cabinet i may be using will be an 8ohm mono 160w. This is where the mono/bridge confusion comes in.

If i have it set to mono/bridge on this device as i cannot see a button that switches it to bridged will this automatically bridge the power? I don't want it to bridge basically as im guessing i just want the original 100w 8ohm of power going to the cabinet.

To put this into context in case i am rambling. I am wondering how to hook up this power amp to this cabinet

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

And then how i go about hooking up this power amp into this cabinet.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_irt212_ironheart.htm

Sorry about the noob question but we all have to learn about these things from somewhere! (yes i have asked google multiple times)

Basically We are using pods which is why i posted it in the line 6 community. And because we want to stop going direct? I don't see how being rude is going to help this situation. You could have possibly politely suggested to take this thread to another forum if it doesn't fit in. 

Set the input on the Harley Benton cab to mono and plug into either input - don't run two cables and plug into both - just one.

The Ironheart cab, just plug into the Input NOT the Link.

Just ignore pianoguyy.  He is a lollipop sometimes.  But helpful other times.  This time he was a lollipop.

I use a Pod, could somebody give me some insight into the evolution of the market economy in the southern colonies. My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities, especially in the southern colonies, could most aptly be characterized as agrarian pre-capitalism...

I use a Pod, could somebody give me some insight into the evolution of the market economy in the southern colonies. My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities, especially in the southern colonies, could most aptly be characterized as agrarian pre-capitalism...

How you like THEM apples? ;)