Jd19848

Alternate tuning malfunction JTV69

I own a variax JTV69 and have had no problems with it until a few weeks ago when the alternate tunings started playing up.

When i am in Variax mode the alternate tunings switch rapidly between each other causing the sound to be so terrible that i need to stop playing altogether and turn off Variax mode.

I have tried resetting tunings and have tried a reflash but nothing seems to be working. Is there someway that this could be fixed without having to get my guitar taken to peices and having the eletronics redone??

If reflashing the firmware didn't help, it's unlikely that there's gonna be anything else you can do on your own to fix it. You may have a hardware problem... the alt tuning knob itself may have crapped out, etc...it's service ticket time.

Loose connection somewhere. What cruisinon2 and davidb7170 said,... log a support ticket.

Hello, same issue here. Tuning wheel doen't match the actual tuning en behaves inconsistently. I live in Argentina, do you have a qualified service here. I have only found a distributor. Thanks.

@ Sgogo,...

Does it do Open A when it's set for Standard tuning, or the opposite when in Open A?

@ Jd19848,...

Make sure your product is registered, then log a support ticket in your account.

Also here is a link to find service centers in your areas,...

http://line6.com/find/service_center/