Sign in to follow this  
Pwm5k

Dt25 Hd Direct Out To Audio Interface

Hi, I'm just got my DT25 HD today. And I'm going to use the cabinet simulated direct out to my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 audio interface, but I'm not sure which input to plug to, should I plug to line input or the preamp input of the audio interface? Thanks!

I would think line input. Try them both to see which gives you the better results.

Hi, I'm just got my DT25 HD today. And I'm going to use the cabinet simulated direct out to my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 audio interface, but I'm not sure which input to plug to, should I plug to line input or the preamp input of the audio interface? Thanks!

The Cabinet Simulated Direct Output on the rear of the DT-25 is a "microphone-level" sampling the output from the analogue circuitry just before it is fed to the speaker, to which a simulation of the speaker, cabinet and microphone defined in the POD HD preset have been applied.

You may need to use the Pre-Amp input on your Pro 24 to bring the level from the DT25 up to where you need it? As BigChase52 said ... try both to see which works best.

Ok, thanks alot Bigchase52 & geppert for the reply. I'll try later on.  :)

did any of this work? I am trying to direct out to an audio interface (RME fireface UCX) and i just get no output at all - does anyone know what I might be doing wrong. I am directing the output into the microphone input on my interface with a microphone cable.

did any of this work? I am trying to direct out to an audio interface (RME fireface UCX) and i just get no output at all - does anyone know what I might be doing wrong. I am directing the output into the microphone input on my interface with a microphone cable.

Do you have your DT in Standby ? Are you using LVM or not ? In normal mode the amp needs to be out of standby...

Sammy

Do you have your DT in Standby ? Are you using LVM or not ? In normal mode the amp needs to be out of standby...

Sammy

thanks for your response. I dont have my DT in standby and I am not using LVM. so yeh the amp doesnt work at all if its in standby does it?

thanks for your response. I dont have my DT in standby and I am not using LVM. so yeh the amp doesnt work at all if its in standby does it?

In LVM it does, but in normal mode it does not, unfortunately... mmm, did you check the cable and mic input of the RME ?

hmmmm......Double check you have not accidentally plugged into the System Link output....I did this once or twice...It's a little close to the XLR Analog Out on the DT25 head....