Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and reverb IRs

Sacco_Belmonte

The Helix can accommodate IRs with 2048 samples... One way to look at that is that at 48kHz, that an impulse of 42.7ms. That works for emulating things like miced guitar cabs because all the information we want is generally in that short burst. For convolution reverbs we want the whole reverb tail of an entire space, and that will be a lot more samples than 2048. The Logidy EPSI offers up to six seconds of convolution, so that translates to 288,000 samples at 48kHz. I don't think it's necessarily a linear relationship between DSP required to process an IR and sample length, but it would still take a lot more DSP to process a convolution reverb than what it takes to process a 2048 IR.

it would be doable i'm assuming ..if they added the capability. probably it would need to be on a different dsp channel than the one the amp/cab is loaded but i'm sure there are people that would have dsp 2 free in a lot of presets and would like to run a nice convolution reverb (there's plenty available)