Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

At the end of my rope, Helix USB Issues

jbright44

Alternatively, get an old usb cable and nibble away at the sleeving until you can see the wires and cut the screen if there is one and the black wire.

Helix should only need the two data wires.

I went through all of this with a HD500X that wouldn't stay connected.

Craig

win7/64

Most of the issues I've had are when audio was actively playing and I switched the playback device to the helix. With or without editor open. If I don't do that then everything works. I usually work with helix as the audio device, helix editor and protools open with no issues. 

What is really weird is every time I hang up a skype call my usb hub resets :/.

I have all power management off. ( don't forget to open advanced options and ensure harddrive power option is off ( set to zero )

Every time I add a new usb device windows auto sets it to go to sleep and I have to go back through the device manager and all USB

devices to disable power management.

My startup process:

Helix editor is pretty much always running. ( I do computer stuff from home )

1. Ensure no youtube videos are open in any browser.

2. Ensure helix editor is connected ( if not then I unplug the usb from the back of the helix and plug it back in )

3. Switch playback device to helix

4. Startup protools ( which is set to use the helix )

1.  Skype sucks.  I'm sure they are grabbing interrupts and expect you not to be doing anything else but Skype.

2. Yeah, not a good idea to switch sound device in the middle of it processing a stream.  Sure way to confuse the system.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm still having major USB issues on 2.3. Have a late 2011 macbook pro running El Cap. I keep having the connection drop and getting the following error in HX Edit.

"Another application is already connected to the helix device.  Close that application and click Retry to connect, or click cancel to quit."

This is a clean reboot and NOTHING else is running?  How can I see what other application (if there is one) that keeps hosing me??

WTF is going on here.