Sign in to follow this  
frac82

Big '80s guitars (w/ pod xt)

so which techniques/ settings/ devices did you use? 

Yet, I have never used those techniques to get "big 80s" sound.

First, it depends on what your definition of "big 80s" is. Tesla sounded different than Bon Jovi who sounded different than Judas Priest. 

Either way, in 1986, we didn't have modelers and dual amps with delays and pitch shifters. And the few effects we did have, were nowhere near as advanced as we have today. 

So, there is no way we did all of that stuff. 

With pod xt is nearly impossible. The best you can do is to use a stereo chorus with slow rate and the stereo delay.

First, it depends on what your definition of "big 80s" is. Tesla sounded different than Bon Jovi who sounded different than Judas Priest. 

Either way, in 1986, we didn't have modelers and dual amps with delays and pitch shifters. And the few effects we did have, were nowhere near as advanced as we have today. 

So, there is no way we did all of that stuff. 

I was thinking something more like "Samantha Fox" or "Spagna's Easy Lady"

With pod xt is nearly impossible. The best you can do is to use a stereo chorus with slow rate and the stereo delay.

which gear would you suggest to use/ integrate with XT bean to achieve the goal?  

Helix FX. But if you can have money for it, I would suggest you to get the helix LT. This is the best way to achieve the sound 100%

Another way is with eventide pitch factor harmonizer,and the mimic doubler. BUT again, even with this parameters, you can not split the signal to 2 or 3 channels. That means that you will aproximate the sound again, but not have the exact.sound.