Dalton2110

Any chance of a Standalone Version of Helix Native

Hi 

I was wondering if Line 6 was planning to implement a standalone executable version of Helix Native like there was with Podfarm

cheers

Below is the official statement from Line 6 info. It's at least been mentioned, so I suppose there is some hope:

Q: Will there be a stand alone version?

Not at launch.

"Standalone" means developer has to write own VST Host. That host must be stable and efficient. While operating sytems do not support signal routing those "standalones" have their drawbacks. With all my respect to Line6 I have much better plugins than some of HxN "blocks". For example VallhalaDSP plugins you can compare to Strymon stomps or even Bricasti. Peavey has made standalone version with possibilty of loading vst plugins. It works crappy, I am not able to bypass them using midi.
So for me "standalone" sounds like software made not for target of creative musicians who care of their unique sound and do more than one thing on their laptops/pads .
For now there is no feature of plugin/good vst host tandem I would do better on  "standalone". 

I have been using SAVIhost as the wrapper for a "standalone" of Helix Native vst without any issues in Windows10-64... it allows for a one-click launch of Helix Native.

• Like 1

One and only serious "issue" of SAVIhost is it does not handle plugin automation at all :(

Q: Will there be a stand alone version?

Not at launch.

I also hope they release it soon.

It would be very useful if they could also release a small audio interface like the POD Studio UX2 for Helix native. Especially for notebooks.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:28 PM, avalon650 said:

I have been using SAVIhost as the wrapper for a "standalone" of Helix Native vst without any issues in Windows10-64... it allows for a one-click launch of Helix Native.

Thanks need to check this out :) do you have a screenshot of what it looks like running HN - not on my home pc at the moment - thanks

On 3/13/2018 at 3:28 PM, avalon650 said:

I didnt have much luck with that program ton of latency played around but no luck - no biggie

On 3/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, rsvette12 said:

I didnt have much luck with that program ton of latency played around but no luck - no biggie

Using my RME UFX with an I7-6700 3.4GHz under Win10-64, I get near zero latency with ASIO in SAVIHost or Reaper. 

4 hours ago, avalon650 said:

Using my RME UFX with an I7-6700 3.4GHz under Win10-64, I get near zero latency with ASIO in SAVIHost or Reaper. 

I had to sell my 6000$ water cooled pc towards my Corvette Z06 purchase so using a dell m6800 I7 2.8ghz - 24 gig ram laptop which is probably border line for audio purposes