Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx effects switches to pedal edit mode when in stompbox mode

Rubenandrea

So new hx effects, love it! But there's a problem with stompbox mode. When i have the switches set to both touch and press the unit switches spontaneously to pedal edit mode, this is incredibly frustrating since either i can't use stompbox mode at all or i cant use the touch function on the unit which is manageble but annoying. Is anyobe else having this problem? Is there a solution or is this a problem with the latest update? 

Cheers! 

5 hours ago, Rubenandrea said:

So new hx effects, love it! But there's a problem with stompbox mode. When i have the switches set to both touch and press the unit switches spontaneously to pedal edit mode, this is incredibly frustrating since either i can't use stompbox mode at all or i cant use the touch function on the unit which is manageble but annoying. Is anyobe else having this problem? Is there a solution or is this a problem with the latest update? 

Cheers! 

Hi Rubenandrea,

I’m a little confused by this, and I say that because, you start by telling us you love the HX and then mention the problem and finally ask if this could be caused by the latest update to the firmware.

How I interpret that is, it sounds to me that what you are saying is the HX was working fine, but you have updated your firmware and this occurred since? If this is the case there are a few things that you could try first.

Factory Reset Options while Booting the HX

1. Holding FS3 + MODE - Will clear all Presets and IRs
2. Holding FS4+FS5 - Will reset Global Settings
3. Holding FS5+FS6 - Will reset Presets only
4. Holding FS6+TAP - Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)
5. Holding the right arrow ">" Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in a un recoverable state

Still not working? You could re-flash the HX by running the latest firmware installation again. Always worth a shot that one.

Also, one thing more. You say that your HX enters “pedal edit mode” when touching or pressing a switch. When that happens have you tried holding down the MODE switch for 2 seconds - that is what you have to do when exiting pedal edit and want to save changes. May be a glitch that might be keeping it in edit mode. 

Hope this makes sense.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Hi Rubenandrea,

I’m a little confused by this, and I say that because, you start by telling us you love the HX and then mention the problem and finally ask if this could be caused by the latest update to the firmware.

How I interpret that is, it sounds to me that what you are saying is the HX was working fine, but you have updated your firmware and this occurred since? If this is the case there are a few things that you could try first.

Factory Reset Options while Booting the HX

1. Holding FS3 + MODE - Will clear all Presets and IRs
2. Holding FS4+FS5 - Will reset Global Settings
3. Holding FS5+FS6 - Will reset Presets only
4. Holding FS6+TAP - Will Perform factory restore (reset, Globals, IRs, and Presets)
5. Holding the right arrow ">" Will put the unit in a fail safe update mode. Use this when the HX Effects is in a un recoverable state

Still not working? You could re-flash the HX by running the latest firmware installation again. Always worth a shot that one.

Also, one thing more. You say that your HX enters “pedal edit mode” when touching or pressing a switch. When that happens have you tried holding down the MODE switch for 2 seconds - that is what you have to do when exiting pedal edit and want to save changes. May be a glitch that might be keeping it in edit mode. 

Hope this makes sense.

Well I do love the sounds and versatility and the interface when its working, but this problem is annoying since it spontaneously switches without me interacting with the unit. I hope that clears up any confusion. And thank you for your concern! I'll try reinstalling the latest update! 

1 hour ago, Rubenandrea said:

Well I do love the sounds and versatility and the interface when its working, but this problem is annoying since it spontaneously switches without me interacting with the unit. I hope that clears up any confusion. And thank you for your concern! I'll try reinstalling the latest update! 

Hi again,

Well if you have tried everything else, the re-install is definitely worth a try. If it is still giving you problems after that, then the best thing to do is raise a support ticket for it. Your HX can't be very old, and it could well be still under warranty, so may be you can just have it swapped out for a new unit. Line 6 are very good about this sort of thing.

Good luck.

IME... the environment I am in can sometimes wreak havoc on the capacitive switches. I always wear shoes/boots when I play, and most of the time they work as they should... but in some locations my HX will jump to edit mode at inopportune times. I believe this is caused by differences in humidity levels... but I could be completely out to lunch with that thought :) 

I get around it fairly easily. Capacitive switches are a luxury when it comes to editing but when I really think about it, I don't need them live! I turn them on when I am working on the machine at home or in the studio. On a gig (or in a practice if it's acting up) I turn them off and don't think twice about it.