Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD Vintage Pack Specification ?

kroa38

Hello

i just purchase the HD vintage pack for my POD HD Pro X and i wonder what are the specification for this "HD" pack.

Is the dynamic range improved ?

Is the digital sampling improved ?

Is the S/N improved ?

Why HD ?  (my POD HD Pro X is already HD  )

What are the real the specifications for those models ?

Is there any detailed documentation about  this pack that everybody buy at 49$ ?

Thank you

Kroa38

Is the dynamic range improved ? - not applicable 

Is the digital sampling improved ? - not applicable 

Is the S/N improved ? - not applicable 

Why HD ?  (my POD HD Pro X is already HD  ) - you are buying the HD pack for your HD because the HD pack won't work on the non HD units. 

What are the real the specifications for those models ? I don't understand the question. 

Is there any detailed documentation about  this pack that everybody buy at 49$ ?  https://shop.line6.com/software/model-packs/hd-model-packs/hd-vintage-pack.html?___store=ww_en&___from_store=ww_en&___store=us_en 

4 hours ago, kroa38 said:

What are the real the specifications for those models ?

40 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

Line6 says that some of the amp models included in the model packs (I have them all) are ported from the Helix modeling technology down to the HD modeling engine..

but given that the Helix R&D started well before the HD series was first released, I suspect that also the stock amp models were ported down to HD as well..

Disregard this paragraph... leaving it here for context, but I am wrong: I beg to differ... most of these models (Vintage Pack.. I can't speak for the other packs) are older models from the POD 2, XT and X3 that some missed on the HD units - but it required effort to get them ported to work on the HD. I own this pack myself, and I'll say these are some of my favorite models, well worth the $50. 

The VOX Channels are much warmer than the ones in the HD. The Acoustic is great if you ever setup to use acoustic instruments, and the Pete Anderson Custom is one of the best models L6 has ever created on any series. That was created for Pete himself back in the POD 2 era.... but was never available to the public until this release.

On the website they used to tag (with an *) which ones were true HD and which ones were ported from older models, but I don't see that anymore. Here is another way to tell... if the model has the Power Amp section (master, sag, bias, etc... etc...) is a true HD model. If it doesn't have that, it is an older model that has been ported for the HD. Subsequently, the older models don't have a "pre-amp only" version either. 

6 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

wrong..

in the Vintage model pack the only models that are ported from POD 2, XT and X3 are Line 6 Acoustic and the Pete Anderson Custom, all the other 7 models in the Vintage pack are ported down from Helix

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

I just opened up my HD and sure enough... the only models that appear to be missing the "power amp" section is the Pete Anderson and Acoustic..

My apologies... my memory has failed me once again :)

Thank you all for your response .

Ported from Helix technologie (that's a good response ! thx)  i had the opportunity to listen the Helix and it sound great.

HD : i thought it was like High Dynamic.....

S/N , Sampling Freq , Dynamic range... as an Electronic Engineer i'm interested into this parameters.

When i turn on my POD HD i don't see the amp listed just below :

• Roland® JC-120
  • Fender® Champ® (Tweed)
  • Orange® OR80
  • VOX® AC30 (Fawn Normal Ch.)
  • VOX® AC30 (Fawn Bright Ch.)
  • Roland® JC-120 2x12 CAB
  • Fender® Champ® 1x8 CAB
  • Line 6 Acoustic
  • Pete Anderson Custom.

No documentation on how to distinguish this model amp from  older amp. (those name doesn't appear on the screen).

For sure a better documentation is welcome from Line6.

Thanks

Kroa38

HD is a "brand" name. The new ones are HX. What it stands for really doesn't matter. They could have called it GTE because it is the Greatest Thing Ever. And then the new ones could be WoM because they are Waste of Money. Either way, all it does is group the similar units together. All HD units are "the same". 

*technically, it is a model family. But I didn't want to say the word model because we are talking about modeling technology. 

• 3 weeks later...