revans

HX Stomp MIDI Previous/Next Preset

In HX Stomp, I am using the footswitches in Stomp mode, FS3 as Stomp 3, and a Mission Helix Expression Pedal in the EXP 1/2 | FS4/5 jack.

What are the MIDI CC messages for Previous Preset and  Next Preset?

2 hours ago, revans said:

In HX Stomp, I am using the footswitches in Stomp mode, FS3 as Stomp 3, and a Mission Helix Expression Pedal in the EXP 1/2 | FS4/5 jack.

What are the MIDI CC messages for Previous Preset and  Next Preset?

Yeah . . . there isn't one. You can buy Midi controllers that essentially mimic this effect by automaticaly sending the program one number below or above your current program, but the Stomp doesn't have a next or previous midi message, which while common to midi . . . seems dumb. 

The closest it seems you can come is to send the midi command to change from stomp mode to preset select mode, and then use the Stomp to cycle up or down, then again midi back to stomp mode (or snapshot mode). 

22 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

Yeah . . . there isn't one. You can buy Midi controllers that essentially mimic this effect by automaticaly sending the program one number below or above your current program, but the Stomp doesn't have a next or previous midi message, which while common to midi . . . seems dumb. 

The closest it seems you can come is to send the midi command to change from stomp mode to preset select mode, and then use the Stomp to cycle up or down, then again midi back to stomp mode (or snapshot mode). 

I've seen a few folks on Youtube changing the presets of the Stomp via a Midi Controller. It would be insanely wrong to not be able to change the presets via Midi...

1 minute ago, adinelb said:

I've seen a few folks on Youtube changing the presets of the Stomp via a Midi Controller. It would be insanely wrong to not be able to change the presets via Midi...

No, YOU CAN, but MIdi controllers typically have an inbuilt program that allows for it. It's not an actual stomp command.  What they're really doing is saying something akin to:

"Change to Present Stomp Preset + 1" or "Change to Present Stomp Preset -1". 

It's not actually a specific Stomp command. That's standard for most midi devices. 

• Thanks 1

By the way, what Midi controller are you using?  Does it's preset up and down function not seem to work on the Stomp? 

10 minutes ago, adinelb said:

Preset up and down is kind of an odd command to have a MIDI CC for, but it could be added. It’s like @Kilrahi is saying - you’re using a MIDI controller that sends PCs, so you can conceivably always bring up any preset you want with the controller anyway. The Disaster Area Designs DMC.micro works like you’re wanting in Preset Mode or Device Mode.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

No, YOU CAN, but MIdi controllers typically have an inbuilt program that allows for it. It's not an actual stomp command.  What they're really doing is saying something akin to:

"Change to Present Stomp Preset + 1" or "Change to Present Stomp Preset -1". 

It's not actually a specific Stomp command. That's standard for most midi devices. 

Now I got your point! Yeah, you're totally right. Thank you!

What I did for this was use CC52 and CC53 which emulate FS4 and FS5 (page 49 in manual). I then set FS4 and FS5 in the HX Stomp settings to bank up and down.  This lets me keep the Stomp in snapshot mode and use external midi to bank the presets up and down.

• Like 1