Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drivers

jschirino

11 hours ago, jschirino said:

Just purchased a Helix and here is no way my computer can read de drivers. I have try every possible way available on the web, even purchased a new copy of windows 10, and still can`t connect. Any suggestions? Thans

Hi jschirino,

I guess this is a brand new Helix, (not pre-owned), but you don’t say what version of the firmware does it have installed. The firmware version shows on the Helix screen when booting up. If it is less than version v2.70 or 2.71 you should download the latest update which contains the most up to date driver for your Windows 10 machine. You can find details of how to do this by scrolling through and finding instructions in the thread in the link shown below at the end of this post.

Another thing to consider is, when your PC is hooked up to your Helix, it’s not unknown for the problem to be a bad connection over USB. There appears to be some sort of “voodoo” involved with “flakey” USB and the best thing to do is to try using different ports and/or cable, and in a worst case scenario even try a different computer. 

Hope this makes sense/helps

• 4 years later...
On 4/10/2019 at 8:13 PM, jschirino said:

Just purchased a Helix and here is no way my computer can read de drivers. I have try every possible way available on the web, even purchased a new copy of windows 10, and still can`t connect. Any suggestions? Thans

I hear ya man, I have same problem.... why is all this music gear come with a needed Phd in computers and electronics?

On 11/22/2023 at 8:46 PM, Dwl258 said:

I hear ya man, I have same problem.... why is all this music gear come with a needed Phd in computers and electronics?

Welcome to the forum.

Just want to start you off on the right foot by pointing out that for your very first post you chose to reply to a 4 year old post.

I realize that your reference to needing a "Phd in computers and electronics" was simply hyperbole, but digital multifx units ARE computers, and to use them to maximum effect you need to connect them TO a computer so, yes, you DO need to understand at least the basics of computers to use them. Part of that is reading the manuals that come with your devices (or, these days, need to be downloaded). Nobody wants to hear this, and many get highly offended, but the reality is that if you can't handle those basic facts you really should stick with tube amps and analog pedals. The greatest music ever made was done using those primitive devices!

That said, note that the OP never returned to the thread and in total has only 4 posts in 4 years.

That indicates to me that they either figured it out and lived happily ever after or traded their Helix for a tube amp and analog pedal board.

Or switched to drums ;-)

Anyhow, take heart, it's NOT rocket science and you CAN figure it out. We're here if you have specific questions.

Rock On!

• Upvote 2