Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi amp switching per snapshot

iLupi

Hi there!

First post here! Been a happy L6 user since X3 days until my Helix LT and this community has been a source of inspiration. Now I recently got a HX Effects to use with my JVM410H, and everything sounds killer but I wish I could assign different midi messages to different snapshots so that I can switch the amp channels. What I'd like to do is assign snapshot 1 to my clean channel, snapshot 2 to crunch and so on. 

I've search the forum and only could find info about EXT AMP switching (TS cable) but nothing about midi and snapshots. I guess it has something to do with INSTANT COMMANDS but can't find an answer. What am I missing? Is there a way to do so?

Thank you very much, any help will be appreciated.

If you search for JVM410H you'll find a number of posts on this topic. Likewise, the JVM410 manual has one of the better explanations of channel switching.

The short story. Your amp uses MIDI channel switching:

So, first, go to Globals-MIDI/Tempo and disable "MIDI PC Tx". That prevents HXFX from sending it's default PC# on Preset Load. To find out how to use Program Change messages with the JVM, RTM.

Connect a MIDI cable from the HXFX MIDI OUT to the JVM MIDI IN.

In your Preset, go to Command Center and set an IC (Instant Command - if you want the channel to change on preset load - JVM default channel is 1) to send the required Control Change and Value. For instance, CC#16 with a Value of 0 selects CLEAN GREEN. CC#19 with a Value of 2 selects OD2 RED. Save your Snapshot, then go to the next Snapshot and set the IC accordingly. Remember that when using ICs, the Snapshot active the last time you saved the preset is the one that'll be active when you load the preset.

Edited by rd2rk
Image removed to recover attachment allotment

Woah!! Thank you soooo much!! For some reason that page didn't appear on my manual, I think that one is from the JS model, but hopefully it'll work too. This means I can't only control channels but reverb and fx loop too, that's great. Thank you @rd2rk, been waaay more than helpful!