Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JT89F High E & B Strings Don't Work On Strat & Tele Settings

My JTV89F (Floyd Rose Bridge) is acting weird. The high E and B strings do not work on the Tele & Strat modeling settings. However all strings work fine on all the other modeling settings. Don't think I can blame this on a bad piezo insert since the Les Paul and other settings all work on all 6 strings. Checked setting on Workbench and found no anomalies. Transferred standard modeling settings from Workbench to the guitar to make sure all updated but did not change anything. Any help out there?

8 minutes ago, cziebold said:

My JTV89F (Floyd Rose Bridge) is acting weird. The high E and B strings do not work on the Tele & Strat modeling settings. However all strings work fine on all the other modeling settings. Don't think I can blame this on a bad piezo insert since the Les Paul and other settings all work on all 6 strings. Checked setting on Workbench and found no anomalies. Transferred standard modeling settings from Workbench to the guitar to make sure all updated but did not change anything. Any help out there?

That is exceedingly weird. You would have had to turn the individual string volumes for those two models down to zero, and then saved them to the guitar.... it's obviously having a brain fart somewhere. If it were a piezo problem you wouldn't have sound on those strings on any of the models. Try re-flashing the firmware... that's really the only thing you can try. If that doesn't fix it, then it's service ticket time.

Tried reburning firmware, didn't do a thing......Talked to local certified Line 6 repair facility; they have never heard of this problem. Tech said sounds like a board problem and not the piezo inserts (as I suspected) Could not give an estimate til I bring it in....they have had almost no James Tyler repairs.