Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Future devices

ajm583

11 hours ago, ajm583 said:

Hello, I've been out of the loop with the forums the past few months.  Any word on a 5.8ghz relay coming out or helix with built in wireless? Thanks!

Pigs will fly before there's a Helix with a built-in wireless... and you don't want it anyway. It's just something else to fail. And when it does, you lose the brains of your rig along with it while the wireless part is off being serviced. Everything in one box looks nice on paper... not practical in the wild, though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ajm583 said:

Thank you, I didn't think about the headaches that would come along with it.  I am interested in the relay G10s but seems like the frequency has too many issues in our current wireless environment.

FWIW it works great for me.  I have experienced cutout issues one time in dozens of live performances, it went away after a moment.  I'd say if you want an affordable/easy wireless solution now, its a good option.  Something better may take years to come out, by that time you can sell your G10S and recoup some money to put toward the new thing.  It seems that L6 gear has pretty good resale value.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:24 PM, chasingMango said:

FWIW it works great for me.  I have experienced cutout issues one time in dozens of live performances, it went away after a moment.  

That doesn't sound like "works great".

2.4Ghz band is full. I pulled my G30 off my pedalboard because if we're in venue that has it's own Wi Fi and there are more than 15 people in there with cell phones, there will be dropouts, interference, having to change channels between every other song and sucks. Even my bassists "expensive" G90 rack mount has issues in full clubs. We also have Wi Fi on stage for our IEM mixer, so there's another interference point. I'm going back to UHF and putting up with some noise until 5ghz shows up with reasonable latency, because the slight extra fuzz is more welcome than dropouts.

6 hours ago, gunpointmetal said:

That doesn't sound like "works great".

Not sure if I stated my case clearly... in dozens of performances, I only had one cutout issue that lasted only a moment.  Of course, the tech could be improved... but at the price point, what's available now has done me well.