Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Desktop Newbie

Nodean

Hello,

I just picked up the desktop for $199 at Sweetwater. I am currently using headphones. If you wanted to maximize the bean for home use would you purchase powered monitors like the KRK rokit 5's? I assume I can run straight into the monitors. Do I need a DAW if i don't plan on recording? What would you veterans of the desktop do? Amp with an effects loop? Tech 21 power engine 60 watt powered cab? Thanks.

Yeah that's a good deal you got on that POD HD. If you don't plan to do any recording the No you don't need a "DAW" and headphones would probably be all you need. If, however, you would want to hear what your tones sounbd like through speakers then, Yes the KRK's would be a good choice as long as they are Powered.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is John. I'm new here to the forum.

I'm thinking of buying the POD HD Desktop myself. I have a few questions on it.

Is Line 6 planing on makeing a "x" version of this like they did with the HD500 and the HD Pro rack? Reason why I ask is because I don't see it on the Line 6 page anymore and a few online shops I've checked out only have used ones. So should I wait for a "x" version to come out?

Next question. Right now I'm using M-Audio AV30 studio monitors. They have RCA inputs left and right. If I buy rca to 1/4 inch cables or just the adapters will they work fine with the HD Desktop? Do I need balanced or unbalanced?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Probably not going to be any X model for the bean.  Prices are definitely attractive right now but you really need to be sure you realize this is really just for the studio.  You will not have the extensive I/O options of the other HD models, no FX loop and there is no midi connectivity at all.  You can connect an FBV controller so it COULD go in a pedal board but its mainly for the studio.

Still, at $199 you can't go wrong for recording or home use...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PodHD/

Yeah. I thought about it a lot today. I figured it would be the best option for me in the long run. I'm totaly new to the recording. So please for give my ignorance on the temanology. JTV?

Also. What is a good free recording program to get started with? Right now I want to record myself playing along with backing tracks.