Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Input issue !

zajibo

Hi Helixers,

Today suddenly with the Helix the sound stopped while recording.

i Did nothing unusual, it was usb plugged with Logic Pro , I didn’t even touch it or move it .

to narrow the possibilities, I checked the guitar and the cable in another amp and everything’s fine . It was the firmware 2.54 I updated it to 2.81 , and still nothing 

not even a signal on the tuner!

does anyone had this issue before and solved it ? 
Musically yours 

It's a computer. Sometimes computers glitch. If it happens again open a support ticket. Meanwhile, things to look at are:

USB cable

Power source - quality EMI/RFI filtered power strip?

Are you using a hub?

Try a different USB Port - some USB Ports are actually internal hubs.

5 hours ago, rd2rk said:

It's a computer. Sometimes computers glitch. If it happens again open a support ticket. Meanwhile, things to look at are:

USB cable

Power source - quality EMI/RFI filtered power strip?

Are you using a hub?

Try a different USB Port - some USB Ports are actually internal hubs.

no I am not using a hub, Im gonna check the power strip,
but what I mean is that even not using the laptop, just me the guitar and the helix there is no input signal on the helix . same for tuner no signal at all, 
I tried Aux input too to check and select "Aux input" on the preset.same , no sound 

Let’s try some basic troubleshooting here based on the info you’ve provided.....

You’ve said the tuner does not recognize an input signal. Let’s focus on getting that working. You’ve also said that you’ve tried both the Guitar and Aux inputs. This seems to rule out a hardware problem with Helix. It’s highly unlikely that both physical input jacks would fail at the same time. Using the tuner we can also ignore any issues with preset configuration other than Input setting.

Setup: the simplest possible - connect your guitar to Helix and engage the tuner.

There are really only three four possibilities I think (note to others - please correct me if I’m overlooking something):

1) There is a problem with external equipment preventing the signal from reaching the Helix input jack. Check your guitar and cord using some other means to confirm that they are properly sending a signal. I know you’ve done this already but do it again to be sure.

2) There is a problem with the Helix preset Input setting. Double check that the preset setting and your physical input match.

3) Your firmware has somehow become corrupt. 
4) See EDIT below

If you’ve confirmed 1) and 2) and the tuner still does not recognize an input signal you’re left with 3). You may want to open a support ticket first but I suspect you’ll need to reinstall the firmware. Make sure you use HX Edit to create  a backup before reinstalling.

EDIT: Actually there is a fourth possibility. There could be an internal hardware problem with a circuit that merges the Multi input signals before they hit the tuner. That would require a visit to a Line 6 service center. You should definitely open a support ticket first.