Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need a Mother Board for 700 acoustic

Hey all,

I know this is a real long shot but my Variax 700 acoustic stopped working.  I took it to a line 6 repair shop and was told I need a new mother board which haven't been made in a while.  Any out there anywhere?  Let me know.

Gerry 

Variax motherboards have never been available as an individual component outside of authorized Line 6 service centres. They are not sold separately; they’re only available by buying the guitar itself. So I think what you’re really looking for is an old Variax 700 guitar on the used market. Then you can swap the motherboard, or just use the new-to-you old guitar. And you’ll have a set of spare parts.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 3:09 AM, cepyih said:

Hey all,

I know this is a real long shot but my Variax 700 acoustic stopped working.  I took it to a line 6 repair shop and was told I need a new mother board which haven't been made in a while.  Any out there anywhere?  Let me know.

Gerry 

In my Variax Acoustic 700 the second mainboard is now broken. This unit seems to have a serious problem. And the guitar is now not working, hanging on the wall. I don't know what to do with it. It's a pity, because I liked the guitar. But it seems, it doesn't make sense to repair it again.

1 hour ago, pinoguitar said:

In my Variax Acoustic 700 the second mainboard is now broken. This unit seems to have a serious problem. And the guitar is now not working, hanging on the wall. I don't know what to do with it. It's a pity, because I liked the guitar. But it seems, it doesn't make sense to repair it again.

Well, take it off the wall.  So I called the main headquarters of Line 6 (Yamaha) in Calabasas CA. and  they told me to send it in.  That there was a chance that they could fix it.  They did!

I've been using it ever since.  Call them ‭(818) 575-3600‬

• 2 months later...