Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't launch HX Edit 2.92 in Windows 10

HeathDaddy

11 hours ago, oktronic said:

Hi, is there any timeline on when this will be fixed? I can't launch hxedit or hx native with an sd card and I need the sd card for samples on it, so removing it isn't really an option. 

Line 6 doesn't do "timelines" for anything... could be anywhere from 5 minutes to never. If I were you, I'd try the work-around suggested above... otherwise it could be a loooooong wait for a train that ain't coming.

I believe you can re-insert the card after HX Edit loads as a workaround, if that helps.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, reinserting doesn't work for me. If the card is inserted, neither edit or native work. The SD card has several 100Gbs of samples and VSTs on it so I can't use native and those at the same time in my DAW. 

No one here is going to be able tell when or if it’s something that will be fixed

I was kind of hoping the Line6 people would be monitoring their forums and respond with some sort of timeline. This thread has been going for a year, and the issue hasn't been resolved.

1 hour ago, oktronic said:

I was kind of hoping the Line6 people would be monitoring their forums and respond with some sort of timeline. This thread has been going for a year, and the issue hasn't been resolved.

Hi,

See the second black banner entitled “Why is Line 6 not responding???” at the top of this page - that explains why!

Oh, yeah! It’s been there since 2015.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

11 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

See the second black banner entitled “Why is Line 6 not responding???” at the top of this page - that explains why!

Oh, yeah! It’s been there since 2015.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Oh, I'm still getting notified. Yes, that is so ridiculous. It's not only that they don't monitor the forums, even support was officially involved and could not help!

I gave up and bought another modeler. Sure, there are differences but they all have the potential to sound great. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, guido79 said:

i dont know if this might help anyone but...
I followed all above lines, then desperation led me to win10 control panel and then in Bluetooth and other devices.

I removed all old stuff i had and then HX edit started.
I had connected once my tv to the pc, an xbox and a USB storage device. 
Hope this can help 

Wow, that did help. Thank you so much!!

By the way: This is still an issue with version 3.11!

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, AlbertWoods94 said:

Hi guys, first post here, just want to let you know that I had the same issue and after removing my camera SD, Helix Edit worked immediatly.
Thanks for the help.

Have had exactly the same problem today , and tried reinstalling HXEdit a couple of times but nothing happening - removed an sd card from the pc and  problem solved.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 6:18 PM, partydowndj said:

So I have been having this issue for quite some time now, read through all the over complicated computer expert recommendations until I saw this simple rec....   solution: take out any SD card you might have in the Surface Pro's built-in reader.    My best guess is if you have any PC with a touch screen, the SD card is the problem.  I can't believe how many full uninstalls and crap I tried on my HP ENVY20 touch screen until I pulled out the SD card and eureka!  My Power cab edit worked fine, my Variax apps worked fine as well as the updater app, but never HX edit....  On my non-touch screen PC same Windows10 operating system, HX edit and everything else worked fine.  KISS  (Keep it simple stupid)  

worked for me. Unbelievable, I worked on this for hours. So simple, thank you!!

• 9 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 5:44 AM, karolp said:

maybe that's the case:

if so, just remove sd card, or perhaps any external usb drive too, and then try to run the HX Edit :)

I'm shocked.  Fought this for days.  Saw this post about removing any USB drive.  Had a microSD in my Surface Pro.  Removed the drive and HX Edit now opens.  What the heck?