Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Want to buy a licence HELIX Native

loretnicolas

15 minutes ago, loretnicolas said:

Hi everyone, I'm searching an Helix Native Licence.

If someone have one, I'm interested.

loret.nicolas@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi,

A quick “heads up”.

You will have to get in line, along with all those other people who have peppered this forum with the same request.

Could take a while.

Hope this helps/makes sense

10 hours ago, loretnicolas said:

Ok I didn't see that.

I have a second hand Helix Floor and the need to have the pedalboard connected every time I want to tweak tone is just ... 

But I understand thank you for this point.

No problem, I simply wanted to make you aware of how many others are asking for the same thing.

I am a little confused by your comment, “the need to have the pedalboard connected every time I want to tweak tone”.

Tone tweaking is more usually done on the hardware unit, or by using HX Edit over USB - (along with Edit being a librarian app for your presets), even though HXN does do “drag and drop” on presets. Plus you will still need to hook up to your floor unit to get your “tone tweaks” back out into the hardware if you intend to use them in a live situation.

HX Native tone manipulation is generally applied to a dry guitar (or whatever other) signal, in a similar way to re-amping, it’s not going to be much use on a recorded signal already full of fx. I think that might be a bit more than a small tone tweak. Although, I have probably misunderstood your intention.

I have generally have several instances of HX Native running in Logic ProX across various tracks, but my Helix floor is almost always connected via USB to capture the original dry signal, along with the processed audio in as a guide, and my Tannoys are plugged in the Helix XLR output for monitor duties. I’m very used to the way that works for me as a studio rat. Everyone has a different way of working, so I guess it all depends on your workflow, and what interface you’re using for the guitar/bass, etc.

Good luck in your search for copy of Native.

8 minutes ago, jasmedia said:

Forgive my ignorance but can you not just go online and buy a licence?

Yes they can. But I imagine they're looking for a price discount, even though it's software. Perhaps it's a bit scratched and scuffed from all that transporting here and there?

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, datacommando said:

No problem, I simply wanted to make you aware of how many others are asking for the same thing.

I am a little confused by your comment, “the need to have the pedalboard connected every time I want to tweak tone”.

Tone tweaking is more usually done on the hardware unit, or by using HX Edit over USB - (along with Edit being a librarian app for your presets), even though HXN does do “drag and drop” on presets. Plus you will still need to hook up to your floor unit to get your “tone tweaks” back out into the hardware if you intend to use them in a live situation.

HX Native tone manipulation is generally applied to a dry guitar (or whatever other) signal, in a similar way to re-amping, it’s not going to be much use on a recorded signal already full of fx. I think that might be a bit more than a small tone tweak. Although, I have probably misunderstood your intention.

I have generally have several instances of HX Native running in Logic ProX across various tracks, but my Helix floor is almost always connected via USB to capture the original dry signal, along with the processed audio in as a guide, and my Tannoys are plugged in the Helix XLR output for monitor duties. I’m very used to the way that works for me as a studio rat. Everyone has a different way of working, so I guess it all depends on your workflow, and what interface you’re using for the guitar/bass, etc.

Good luck in your search for copy of Native.

In fact I would like to record a dry signal for exemple, then use an Helix Preset I made on Helix Native and tweak the tone to reach what I want to hear. I would like to be able to do that anywhere with just my laptop.

(sorry for my english... french guy inside)

On 10/1/2020 at 2:46 AM, jasmedia said:

Forgive my ignorance but can you not just go online and buy a licence?

My Helix Floor is a second hand and unfortunatly the serial number was already used.

10 minutes ago, loretnicolas said:

In fact I would like to record a dry signal for exemple, then use an Helix Preset I made on Helix Native and tweak the tone to reach what I want to hear. I would like to be able to do that anywhere with just my laptop.

(sorry for my english... french guy inside)

That is the way to do it when you are on the move - Bonne chance dans vos recherches.

1 hour ago, loretnicolas said:

When I will be able to understand what you wanna say to me, maybe I could answer something...

Ignore the fool.

If you check his other posts, he is just filling the forum with crazy stuff.

Possibly needs psychiatric help.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• 1 month later...