Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone got Helix working on WIN7/32bit ?

RJKole

1 hour ago, RJKole said:

Has anyone got Helix and HX Edit working on Windows7 /32bit ? Support says it may work, may not. So i wonder if anyone has tested this.

Hi,

The easiest way to find out is to go to the top of this page and click on the “DOWNLOADS” menu item.

From the next page under “All Hardware” scroll down to Helix, then under “All Software” select HX Edit, next from “All OS” select Windows 7 and then click the GO button. 

The next page is where you can download Helix/HX Firmware 2.92. Click on the blue “GET DOWNLOAD” button.

Download and install. Please, be aware: Read carefully the release and installation notes for this firmware. You may have problems if you do not follow the instructions to the letter. You have been warned.

Below the release info and known issues section for this download it states

Compatible OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Yes, it works for me. Sort of.

I will elaborate.  I have Windows 7 32bit running on a little mini PC in my living room that's being doing media server duty since forever.  HX Edit works fine. The ASIO driver works fine until it doesn't and then a reboot is required. This may be because I only use it by Remote Desktop and that messes something up, or it may be something else peculiar to my machine - I really don't know. In summary, it will work unless or until it doesn't.  I don't think that this is hugely different to what happens with any other version of Windows.

5 hours ago, RJKole said:

I was going to find out in advance before i decide which windows 7 to install.

This is not up for debate in 2020. 

install the 64 bit system unless your computer cannot handle it.... which would be a very old computer. 

There is no benefit to running a 32 bit system any longer... it's time to move forward! 

32 bit programs will run on 64 bit Operation systems. The only issue that can occur is if you have old (very, very old) devices (printers, scanners, audio interface, etc... etc...) that don't have 64 bit drivers.

• Upvote 1