Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

reassigning buttons

PaulTBaker

6 hours ago, PaulTBaker said:

Hey all... just wondering if anyone has used the ability to reasign what the buttons do?  I'm curious as to what people did.

Hey Paul,

I'm curious as to what exactly you’re asking about.

Re-assign what buttons where, and what do you want them to do?

Sadly, my ability is not mind reading.

• Haha 1

Sorry for the confusion.  I may be calling things the wrong thing.  What I am talking about is the ability to make a button be a snapshot or a preset using the command center.  I thought I read where you could make it so, let's say you are in snapshot mode, you could reassign a button to be one of your presents... So you have 7 snapshots and one preset.....or you could assign the mode button to be a snapshot or preset.   That's what I thought I read...... Thanks

Sure, all that can be done (apart from the Mode/TapTempo buttons, which can't be re-assigned).

My current main live setup has 4 snapshots and 6 switches doing things, another one has just 3 snapshots and 7 switches. One of my favourite noodling patches has 4 snapshots, 4 switches and the main functions of the looper (record/dub, play/stop) assigned to 2 switches.

16 hours ago, SaschaFranck said:

Sure, all that can be done (apart from the Mode/TapTempo buttons, which can't be re-assigned).

I'm pretty sure that the Tap Tempo button CAN be reassigned in the Command Center. I reassigned it to a snapshot in one of my patches. I'm not in front of my Helix at the moment to provide any specific details, but I know for sure that it is possible. 

Can't speak for the Mode button as I use it for its main purpose. I typically don't use the Tap Tempo button. 

2 hours ago, scotterp said:

I'm pretty sure that the Tap Tempo button CAN be reassigned in the Command Center. I reassigned it to a snapshot in one of my patches. I'm not in front of my Helix at the moment to provide any specific details, but I know for sure that it is possible. 

You're right, but it's pretty pointless, as a) It doesn't get labeled and b) it keeps working as tap tempo. Same with the mode button.

1 hour ago, SaschaFranck said:

You're right, but it's pretty pointless, as a) It doesn't get labeled and b) it keeps working as tap tempo. Same with the mode button.

I guess "re-assigned" wouldn't be the correct term. "Assigned in conjunction with..." would be more accurate. I did find a use for it, and it works for me. Limited compared to what you can do with the other buttons.