Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best compact expression pedal to use with Helix Stomp/Source Audio C4?

ReeV0

Hi all,

I'm looking for the smallest expression pedal that I can use with both my HX Stomp, and Source Audio C4.

I have extremely limited space on my pedalboard so looking for one that's short & thin.

I also read that only certain pedals are compatible with the Stomp? I'm not sure about the C4...

I've found the Hotone Bass Press and Dunlop DVP4 to be quite small, but not sure about compatibility

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, j_hotch said:

I got a MeloAudio EXP-001 recently and really Iike it. Solid and compact.

That looks cool and pretty small, is it 100% compatible with the Stomp? I'd be using it for things like wah etc, not volume 

16 hours ago, ReeV0 said:

That looks cool and pretty small, is it 100% compatible with the Stomp? I'd be using it for things like wah etc, not volume 

Hi,

According to the details in the 5th bullet point on the site it say so - Line 6 HX Stomp 

https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-exp-001-foot-wah-volume-expression-guitar-pedal-for-guitar-bass-players

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks for the replies, so that's 1 point to the MeloAudio.

I think I've narrowed it down to 5, if anyone's had any experience with any of these that would be handy. 

MeloAudio EXP-001
Dunlop DVP4
DOD Mini
Hotone Bass Press
AMT EX-50

I use the AMT EX-50. Two of them actually - with my Helix. They are ok. It's been a while since I originally hooked them up, but I think you have to do something with the polarity on them to get them to work 100% properly. Being so compact, it's a little tough to get really accurate. But they work. I have nothing else to compare them to as they are the only ones I have tried. They should work with the Stomp as well. 

• 1 year later...