Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't find new effects in Helix LT 3.0

spbkit4

Updated Helix LT to version 3.0. In the "support" I read that new effects have been added: • Distortion> Horizon Drive, • Distortion> Swedish Chainsaw, • EQ> Acoustic Sim and so on, but I can't find a single new effect. How can I see these new effects? Or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your reply. I have everything updated: LT and HX Edit to ver 3.

but I don't see new Effects, new Amps, new Cabs. Perhaps it makes sense to reinstall the ver 3.0, but I don't know how to return to the previous one (ver 2,92).

Double check that you are running HX Edit v3.0. Use the About information for that. Note that the display on the bottom of the HX Edit screen tells you the version of Helix firmware that is installed on the connected device. That may be different from the version of HX  Edit that is running.

You don’t need to reinstall the previous version to update the firmware. Just run the Line 6 Updater program and install v3.0 again.

9 minutes ago, spbkit4 said:

I have everything updated: LT and HX Edit to ver 3.

but I don't see new Effects, new Amps, new Cabs. 

My money says you missed a step :)   

When you do the Hardware update through HX Edit, ONLY THE HARDWARE gets updated! Not HX Edit itself! 

The new version of HX Edit needs to be downloaded from Line 6 and installed separately.

• Upvote 1