Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Excessive beachball Snapshots not working correctly in Halix Native

wilkinsi

Having recently updated Helix Native to 3.0, the first thing I noticed was the massive increase of the Apple beachball when adding an instance of the plugin or opening the DAW project that already contains at least one instance. I didn't have this problem with previous versions of Helix Native, and this is the only plugin I've updated. Same computer, same OS X version, same interface. What gives?

For the first time, I tried to use snapshots with different parameters in the same block - in this case, the amp+cab. But having made changes to the amp in two snapshots (just a bit of of the same preset, it maintained exactly the same parameters, making it look as though I just made two identical snapshots. Nothing in white to indicate alternate settings between the two snapshots. Did I forget to do something? It works on a factory preset (can't remember its name). So why not my user presets?

You have to assign each Parameter to Snapshots (other than Block Bypass).

You have to either set Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot edits to RECALL (save the preset once when all Snapshot edits have been made) OR save the preset in each Snapshot before going on to the next Snapshot.

Beachball??? Is that a Robot substitute for a prohibited word?

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Beachball??? Is that a Robot substitute for a prohibited word?

Ha ha ha, - it’s not a lollipop substitute.

It’s a Mac OS thing - it is also sometimes referred to as the “Marble of Doom”, 

https://www.macworld.com/article/1151583/spinningbeachballofdeath.html

:-)

5 minutes ago, datacommando said:

It’s a Mac OS thing - it is also sometimes referred to as the “Marble of Doom”, 

I see - the MAC version of "The Blue Screen of Death"!

As the great Philosopher Stan Marsh said - "You know, I learned something today....."

A beachball is not a lollipop. Profound!

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:56 AM, rd2rk said:

the MAC version of "The Blue Screen of Death"!

Not by far. Usually you'd simply force quit the hanging "beachballing" app by one of quite a few methods.

The "Mac screen of death" is called Kernel Panic. That won't go unnoticed when it happens.

That aside…

On 1/12/2021 at 9:32 PM, wilkinsi said:

recently updated Helix Native to 3.0

You may want to post here: https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native

1 hour ago, lou-kash said:

Probably the only people there will be you and me.   ;-)

1 hour ago, lou-kash said:

The "Mac screen of death" is called Kernel Panic. That won't go unnoticed when it happens.

Sure won’t - it’s like entering the Matrix. Should have taken the blue pill.

18 hours ago, datacommando said:

it’s like entering the Matrix

Hm, last year my El Capitan MacBook may have had a kernel panic about twice, after seven years of Mountain Lion stability.

Frankly though, I often do nasty things to my Macs that kids definitely should not try at home on their dads' computers. Like running "obsolete" and "unsupported" "legacy" audio interfaces with hacked drivers. :D

• Haha 1