Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Moving HD500x to New System (Windows 10) Problem

DaveLeeNC

I had a HD500X tied to an old laptop that is no longer functional (mostly). I have deauthorized (via license manager running on my new system and an associated action on my ACCOUNT)  that installation. The process seems to have been successful. Windows 10 sees the HD500x in sound settings, so that seems to be working. But Line6Monkey does not detect the device. So I cannot get the Edit software installed on my new system (I think that this is done via Monkey). 

What else do I need to do here? Thanks.

dave

2 hours ago, DaveLeeNC said:

Line6Monkey does not detect the device. So I cannot get the Edit software installed on my new system (I think that this is done via Monkey). 

What else do I need to do here?

You can download the Edit software from the DOWNLOADS section of this site (link at the top of this page) and install it manually.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Thanks - that does work. I am not sure where I got the idea that this had to be done through Monkey. 

So I don't know if I care if Monkey works or not - any opinions on that out there? I don't have any other Line 6 devices at the moment. 

dave

You don’t need Monkey for the editor but you do need it to install firmware updates. Perhaps that’s where you got the idea. And it’s unlikely that there will be any more firmware updates for the POD HD product line so you’ll probably never need it.

@silverhead- thanks, that is helpful.

I have been away from amplified guitar for a couple years now (classical guitar instead) and am now considering re-entering the electric guitar world. I have not touched the 500X since probably early 2019. I would like to reset the device to only the factory presets and dump all that crap that I had been doing that didn't work well anyway. I understand that if I push the left arrow (and hold) and then power on the device, I will accomplish this. If I do that will I end up with the latest (not that late, I realize) firmware? 

dave

Not quite. A factory reset is different from a firmware update. A reset restores all factory settings and presets to the state defined by the currently installed firmware, which may not be the latest. 

To reset the device:

The most recent firmware version for your HD500X is v2.62