Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Combine Multi Effects

MIKEY9966

hi I am woundering if I could add a zoom g3x in the fx loop on the pod 500,

My hope is to have the pod running one amp and the zoom running the other amp,

I am trying this as I can't get the sound I want with the pod,

If it had 1/4" ins and outs, you could put a Cuisinart in the fx loop if you wanted too. Whether or not it will give you the sound you're looking for...only one way to find out. ;)

I am doing something similar with a DigiRP1000 and have found that the best tones have come using the Amp loop of the RP and using the POD as a preamp of sorts. The most success I have had is from finding out exactly what you want from each unit. For me the amps from the POD and the effects plus XLR outs from digitech. Split em apart and tweak what you need from each individually and then run them together and get them to play nice. My suggestion would be to use delays/verbs from one or the other because echoes from both can be frustrating and if you use any noise gates its best to put those on whichever is the latter in your signal chain.

If it had 1/4" ins and outs, you could put a Cuisinart in the fx loop if you wanted too. Whether or not it will give you the sound you're looking for...only one way to find out. ;)

I just can't get that deep sound with the pod I added a Mrx 6 band in my loop on the black star ht 5 and it was day and night, my other amp is a Taylor k1 (keyboard amp) Witch I would run the zoom in to, make 2 very different sounding amps

have you tried running dual amp patches in the POD?  You can still run one out to the Blackstar and the other to the K1.  Unfortunately the Zoom pedals don't have midi so there is no way to sync them for patch changes.  I have had great luck building dual amp patches feeding a stereo power amp and Peavey cabs.  Just have to monitor your DSP usage...