Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Program presets in Native for Helix (LT) possible

Hillman1312

I wasn't able to figure it out myself and believe it is not possible, but just in case: Is it possible to make presets In HX Native that work on a Helix (LT) including stomp setting? Snapshots work perfectly fine, but I haven't seen a way to also edit stomps. Anyone else tried this? If so, how does it work?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Hillman1312 said:

I wasn't able to figure it out myself and believe it is not possible, but just in case: Is it possible to make presets In HX Native that work on a Helix (LT) including stomp setting? Snapshots work perfectly fine, but I haven't seen a way to also edit stomps. Anyone else tried this? If so, how does it work?

Thank you!

Hi,

Page 15 Helix Native Pilot’s Guide -> Preset Compatibility with Helix and HX Devices.

“HX Stomp Mode - Presets exported from an HX Stomp device can be loaded or imported into Helix Native in this mode (or back into HX Edit with an HX Stomp device connected), with no translation required.”

I’ve been exchanging presets between my Floor unit and Native right from the off.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

If you want to edit and assign stomps (aka Helix hardware footswitches) you need to use the Edit software, which is the right platform to create and edit Helix presets.

Native doesnt think stomps as if they were the hardware footswitches (it's a VST expecting other CCs outside the reserved range), in fact keeps those CCs as reserved for hardware only, so you cant assign them - straight from Native, unless you dont turn Hardware Compatibility Off.

Stumbled on this problem already...:)

https://line6.com/support/topic/59421-is-there-a-way-to-just-use-helix-controlfloor-ccs-for-stomps/