Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp XL snapshots/stomps

Vedran13

If anyone knows I would be very grateful if you could share with me how can I set up HX stomp XL to switch between stomps and snapshots with mode switch without presets interfering? I have heard that it can be done but I can't seem to find a way...

On 5/5/2021 at 6:52 PM, Vedran13 said:

If anyone knows I would be very grateful if you could share with me how can I set up HX stomp XL to switch between stomps and snapshots with mode switch without presets interfering? I have heard that it can be done but I can't seem to find a way...

Hi,

You might find it helpful to read the HX Stomp XL 3.0 Owner's Manual. Page 58 > Global Settings > Footswitches. It gives all the configurations you may need.

https://line6.com/support/manuals/hxstompxl

It's good place to familiarise yourself with what this thing can do.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:36 AM, z3albw1rr said:

Is this what you mean? (edit: I just tried this and can't use buttons 1 and 7 (the farthest left ones) like he does, but I can use the middle 8 buttons that way).

Hi, thank you for replying. I know all of this and I have had Helix LT which is like this floor one on which you can do customisation whathever you want but it was too big for me so I have sold it and bought HX stomp and now I have bought HX stomp XL. I ve been only tring to find a way to change HX Stomp XL "MODE SWITCH" behaviour. I want it just to toggle between snapshots and stomps.

19 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

You might find it helpful to read the HX Stomp XL 3.0 Owner's Manual. Page 58 > Global Settings > Footswitches. It gives all the configurations you may need.

https://line6.com/support/manuals/hxstompxl

It's good place to familiarise yourself with what this thing can do.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Hi, thank you for replying. I have read it but there is simply no way to toggle snaps and stomps with mode switch on HX stomp XL.  On Pod Go there is setting "global settings > switches and pedals > select snapshot mode to toggle" but on HX stomp XL there are only momentary and latching options on snapshot mode.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vedran13 said:

Hi, thank you for replying. I have read it but there is simply no way to toggle snaps and stomps with mode switch on HX stomp XL.  On Pod Go there is setting "global settings > switches and pedals > select snapshot mode to toggle" but on HX stomp XL there are only momentary and latching options on snapshot mode.

Hi, again,

I have a Helix floor, and other than reading the manual I’m unfamiliar with the XL, but maybe this is what you have heard can be done? This guy says “combining snapshots and stomps is a game-changer.”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

3 hours ago, Vedran13 said:

This is not what I want but this guy told me that it can be done what I want.

Hi again,

Well, now you have got me really confused with this issue, because the guy who told you that it can be done is the same guy who made the video which is in the post I made earlier.

I recommend that you contact him (Alex Price) again and explain the situation. Better yet, download his free presets and check how he makes it work in those examples  - that is possibly the only way you will discover the secret.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hi! any updates on this topic? 
I am so glad that you raised this question, and I don’t see it talked often. I have exactly the same need that you describe to switch between snapshots and stomps seamlessly, like in POD GO. All the current alternatives (hold 1-4, use command center) seem sub par versus just letting the MODE button do the job. 
thanks! 

• 11 months later...

Anyone have any updates on this functionality? There is no global 'stompswitch' option that I find on the XL. Perhaps Mr. Price was thinking the Helix product, not the HX product? And I have the same need to simply toggle between snaps and stomps. Would seem a very useful option to have. The two switch press does not work well live. I read in another post where one user made a metal bar to connect the two buttons to accomplish exactly what is being discussed here. while effective seems a shame he had to go to that length for a product of this price.  

On 5/1/2022 at 8:57 AM, nervous said:

Anyone have any updates on this functionality? There is no global 'stompswitch' option that I find on the XL. Perhaps Mr. Price was thinking the Helix product, not the HX product? And I have the same need to simply toggle between snaps and stomps. Would seem a very useful option to have. The two switch press does not work well live. I read in another post where one user made a metal bar to connect the two buttons to accomplish exactly what is being discussed here. while effective seems a shame he had to go to that length for a product of this price.  

Yep… See my reply to you in the other thread.