Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit & Helix Native v.3.11 released - fixed for Big Sur.

datacommando

Well, in case you hadn’t noticed, and as most people don’t seem to bother visiting the dedicated HX Native section - Helix Native v.3.11 was released on June 1st, with very little fanfare in these forums.

It has been noted that it fixes the Big Sur issues of “sluggishness” etc. The two bullet points state:

• Improved stability and performance on macOS Big Sur.
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.

Also, a new updated HX Edit v3.11 is available.

• Improved stability and performance on macOS Big Sur.
  • HX Stomp/HX Stomp XL: Renamed snapshots would not appear in HX Edit's command center window.
  • HX Stomp's Input block could show as "None" on rare occasions after restoring from a backup.
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.

Hope this helps/makes sense for all those who were troubled by the previous version.

Go get it.

• Upvote 1

You don't need to download anything manually from the Line6 "Downloads" page for this update. The process is now automated and this is strictly an editor update, no new firmware version yet. As long as you are on HX Edit 3.01 or later you can initiate the update by going to 'Help' --> 'Check For Updates' in the HX Edit menu. HX Edit will initiate and execute the update automatically. As always I did a 'File' --> 'Create Backup' first. Worked seamlessly for me but if yours fails then you can always resort to a manual download and install of HX Edit 3.11.

You will need to download and update Native separately.  Exit your DAW and any open instances of Native before upgrading or you may get an error message when you attempt to install. If you want you can export a Native bundle first as a backup. Clicking on the Settings(gear icon) in the lower left hand corner of the Native plugin and then clicking on the 'Check For Updates' button will take you directly to the Downloads page where Native 3.11 is located or you can still navigate there manually.  The redirect from the plugin is not seamless yet in that it prompted me to login and select the version for my OS but it will put you in the ballpark.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Worked seamlessly for me but if yours fails then you can always resort to a manual download and install of HX Edit 3.11.

I have HX Edit rigged to connect to my Line 6 account when I open it. Today it told me the update was available (I don’t use HX Edit on a daily basis), the download failed at about 90%. First time that has ever happened, although I blame myself for this, as I clicked onto another active open window, and that may have caused the failure. I usually try not to do anything that might mess up downloads. However, I didn’t try to do it again, and I simply went straight to the download page and grabbed it without problems. I had to go to downloads to get Helix Native anyhow.

I was wondering if you had a chance to take a look at the new version to see if the problem of extracting individual presets from backup files is fixed? I should have checked before I locked up the studio for the day. Doh!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, datacommando said:

I have HX Edit rigged to connect to my Line 6 account when I open it. Today it told me the update was available (I don’t use HX Edit on a daily basis), the download failed at about 90%. First time that has ever happened, although I blame myself for this, as I clicked onto another active open window, and that may have caused the failure. I usually try not to do anything that might mess up downloads. However, I didn’t try to do it again, and I simply went straight to the download page and grabbed it without problems. I had to go to downloads to get Helix Native anyhow.

I was wondering if you had a chance to take a look at the new version to see if the problem of extracting individual presets from backup files is fixed? I should have checked before I locked up the studio for the day. Doh!

It updated to 3.11 from HX Edit 3.10 without issue for me but details of your attempt and how to remedy it are always helpful.

Thank you for reminding me to check for this! I am happy to report they did fix the 'File' --> 'Extract From Backup' command and you can now import the presets it creates without error. Wahoo! I will update my post in the bugs topic as well. Btw, they did respond a few days ago to my ticket and say they were aware of the issue but it looks like the fix made it into the latest HX Edit 3.11 version. 

It looks like all three bugs in the 'Extract From Backup' command were fixed:

1. If you select only one setlist to extract it now properly extracts just that setlist. Before the fix it also might extract setlists you had not selected.
  2. Blank presets("New Preset") are now properly named "New Preset" with their accompanying numerical location in the setlist. Before the fix they could display only the numerical location.
  3. Most importantly the extracted presets, as mentioned above, now import properly without an error message.

Try this command out fellow users if you haven't already. Great way to instantly have every one of your presets in every setlist, factory or user, as well as Favorites and IRs extracted individually in case you need 'em and they are automatically arranged logically in separate directories named by setlist under the file location where the backup you extracted is located. Really well thought out by Line6.

• Upvote 1