Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Command Center customization for switches 1, 6, 7, 12 not working [SOLVED]

fizbin

I'm trying to customize my stomp layout for a preset and it is working fine for the open/available switches.

When I update 1, 6, 7, or 12 in command center, however, those switches retain their default behavior even though HX edit seems to suggest I can alter them. The update looks like it takes effect in HX edit, but is not reflected in any way on the Helix.

Also for instance, when I load Steve Sterlacci's tutorial files, which work in his YouTube video, switches 1,6,7,12 retain their old behavior.

I'm on the latest FW - 3.11

This is a real bummer at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

-Jay

Without knowing exactly what you're trying to accomplish, it's hard to know what's going on.

When you say that the switches retain their default behavior, what does that mean? Switches do not have a default behavior, they must be told what to do.

What did you tell them to do that you're calling their default behavior?

If you attach a copy of the preset (not a picture) with a description of what you want to do, that would be helpful.

Also, are you using a Floor, Rack or LT?

Sorry, can't DL a picture to my Helix.

Attach the preset and say what you're trying to do.

You want help, and I'm willing to take the time to do so, but if you won't take the time to provide what I need to help you.....

BTW - it took you 5 times as long to make that picture as it would have taken to attach the preset.

As for 6 and 12, you can ADD a function to them, but they will still retain their default functions. So, if you assign FS6 to scroll Snapshots, when pressed it will change Snapshots, but will also switch modes. Same goes for FS12. It will change Snapshot, but will also change the tempo.

4 minutes ago, fizbin said:

Please refer to 10:10 in the tutorial video above. I am in stomp mode. The image above is from stomp mode.

Thanks for your help.

Jay

He apparently has Stomp Mode set to 8 switches, in which case FS1 becomes BANK UP and, again, cannot be re-assigned. Only, in this case, it won't perform the re-assigned function either.

IOW - What you're trying to do only works in Stomp Mode/10 Switches, and the BANK UP/DOWN function can't be changed in either mode.

OK, so I watched the video and now have BOTH the necessary presets. It looks like the opposite of my previous post.

It's YOUR Helix that's set to 8 Footswitches. Change it to 10 Footswitches in Stomp mode and it works like the video.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah, you're right 10 switch mode solves it. I may have missed that in the tutorial as I sort of viewed it one day then skipped around the next.

Not sure what you mean about bank up or own but I probably won't need that as I'm stepping through setlists up and down by preset.

Thanks again for your help.

Jay

Just to add on...this is a great feature because:
1. You get an extra footswitch to do important stuff on the front row

2. You can move the "previous" switch to #2 where you won't accidentally hit it in the middle of a song.

43 minutes ago, fizbin said:

Ah, you're right 10 switch mode solves it. I may have missed that in the tutorial as I sort of viewed it one day then skipped around the next.

Hi,

Looks like “rd2rk” beat me to it once more - aaaarrggg.

I was just going to say - watch the video once more, and then swap to 10 switch Stomp Mode. It makes it a little easier to comprehend when you see it being done on the hardware Helix.