Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Sim settings?

danbottomburp

So i have been messing around with a few amp sims and they just dont sound good at all with the Helix, i see many youtube videos of people playing with them and yes i know there could be post edit going on, mine sounds dreadful

I will just stick with Amplitube 5 so we all know where we are, i have Guitar ----- then USB 3/4 ----------- then USB 3/4 -----------  XLR on the Helix

In amplitube i have input L&R  as 3/4 and Output L&R as 3/4 

The guitar impedance in helix is Auto

Global EQ is off

I just cant seem to get Amplitube 5 sounding good, it sounds kinda muffled is the best way to describe it

Can someone post some easy to follow settings for the Helix and the Amp Sim so i can try them and see if it makes a difference, if you could show screenshots that would be insanely helpful

Thanks Dan 

OK.... none of the Helix amp sims sound good AND Amplitude 5 doesn't sound good when the signal to the computer is coming from the Helix. 

Obviously, something is painfully wrong! ANY OF IT should sound decent, just a matter of adjusting to tastes. Some troubleshooting will be required to find to the problem. Check your guitar cables, check your guitar, try multiples of everything, try a new USB cable, check your monitors, etc... etc... etc... 

On 9/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, rd2rk said:

Mine sounds fine with your configuration.

Don't know if it will help, but the attached file came from IK Support. Install it here:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5.

Then reboot and restart AT5.

isn't  that for a HX Stomp?

Thanks for all the replies 

On 9/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, rd2rk said:

Sounds superb on its own, absolutely amazing, just that Amp Sim sounds rubbish, really muffled, i have the benefit of having a Mac machine and on that it sounds better but not amazingly better, but i did try using Scuffham S Gear through both and it sound infinitely better when using my Mac machine, something is not right on the Helix, i will keep messing around and trying to get it sounding good, i appreciate all the help, many thanks indeed 

9 hours ago, danbottomburp said:

isn't  that for a HX Stomp?

No, it' an AT5 configuration file that came from IK Support in response to various problems with AT5. The AI doesn't matter, I use it with HXS, Helix Floor and Scarlett 18i20.

As I said, I don't know that it will help with your problem, which could be as simple as you don't like AT5.

The file has nothing to do with the HXS.

It's a configuration file with the driver variables written in from your choices on the Audio Settings page of AT5.

When I use it with Helix it says "ASIO HELIX".

When I use it with the Scarlett it says "Focusrite USB ASIO".

When you open the Audio Settings page, it reflects whatever is in the file.

Run AT5, go to the Audio Settings Page and enter the proper settings for your system.

Then close AT5 and open the settings file from it's location in C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5.

It should now reflect your entries on the Audio Settings page.

I just repeated this process on both my office and studio systems, and it worked in both places.

All I know is that, unless you just don't like the way AT5 sounds, the problem is elsewhere in your system.

I'm using three different AIs, and putting it through 3 different playback systems (Sony bookshelf with HXS, Rokit6 Studio Monitors or PC212+ with Helix and Scarlett), and the output is NOT muffled at all.

Maybe time to contact IK Support?