Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 monkey & Workbench (Again)

I've deliberately set up an old laptop with Windows 7 to run Workbench. All the drivers and firmware are correct for the interface as checked by Line 6 Monkey. So Monkey sees the interface ( green light on), and the interface sees the guitar (green light on). Here's where it gets squirrels. When Workbench is opened it gives a lovely picture of the interface but says "no device detected".

So my question is, how can Monkey see the interface and it light up all green, yet workbench can't see it to connect the guitar to the computer? I've tried a 500, a 600, 3 different 300 and a JTV, and the symptom is the same.

Yeah, I've been using Variax since it first came on the market and have collected many over the years, including the bass. What I don't understand is this setup used to work fine. I've deliberately not updated my Mac OS beyond Mojave and it does the same thing as when using Windows 7, as described above!