Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Restore one preset from backup?

mikael_roslund

There are two ways,  both of which assume that you know which Setlist in the backup file contains the desired preset.

1) If you don’t care about overwriting all other presets in the Setlist you can just choose to restore only that Setlist from the backup using the Restore From Backup feature in HX Edit; or

2) If you want to keep the rest of the Setlist untouched you would go through a two-step procedure. First use the HX Edit feature called Extract Files From Backup. In that case you would first extract the given Setlist into a folder on your computer; that puts all presets in the Setlist into the folder. Then drag/drop the desired preset into HX Edit. 

If you don’t know which Setlist your target preset is in you would have to do method 2 for all setlists until you find the preset.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, mikael_roslund said:

Hello

I whant to restore one of my presets from the latest backup, is that possible?

Thanks!

BR,

Micke

Hi, Micke,

Yes, you can. Click the 'File' --> 'Restore From Backup' command in HX Edit, select the backup you want to recover the old presets from, and run the restore.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT: “silverhead” beat me to it!

Edited by datacommando
Edit
  • Upvote 2

Sorry, I didn´t mension that I am operating on a MAC, don´t seem to find that funktion in the HX Edit. Only Import or Export bundles, presets list or presets. In the restore backup function I can only restore a full preset list, selectable but still not the specific preset that I want to restore.

Maybe I missing something or just don´t understand!

Thanks anyway!

What version of HX Edit and device firmware are you running? You seem to be looking at the Restore Backup feature which is method #1 in my response.

For method #2, you need to use the ‘File -> Extract Files From Backup’ feature which was introduced to HX Edit fairly recently. Also, as I mentioned it’s a 2-step process. You can’t extract individual presets. You can extract an entire setlist, which places all individual preset files (*.hlx) into a single folder. Then you need to import the desired one into HX Edit.

13 minutes ago, mikael_roslund said:

Maybe I´m confusing you with the totally wrong nomenclature!

Under setlists/ User 1 i would like to restore preset 09A from my backup. I can restore the whole setlist from the backup function but not just the 09A preset.

Maybe this clarifies my problem?

Hi,

See the post from “silverhead” above. In point 2 he explains that you should “Extract Files from Backup” to a folder on your Mac, then find your Preset 09A in that folder, then drag and drop it back into HX Edit.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT: Drat! Thanks the second time.  ;-)

Edited by datacommando
Edit