Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Activate/deactivate block with expression pedal

Schivosa

I have a preset where the pitch wham block is always active. I want to activate a simple pitch block when the expression pedal is between 1% and 100% and have it turn off when the pedal is at 0%. Is this possible?

so... the pitch wham is a weird effect for me.  When I turn it on/off I hear a sound interruption, like you hear when you change presets.  So... I have to time my playing so that that does not happen. 

I put the block in the beginning of the chain. 

However, it is completely possible to turn on/off any block, by doing "bypass assign".  Lots of videos out there that show you how to do that, for example for your auto-bypassed wah-wah pedal: you control the bypass and the sweep of the wah. 

I do this all the time with my wham/wah effects.   I do not like leaving the effect on, at 100%, I 'feel' something when the effect is just on.  Elevators is right in that there is a brief interruption when it becomes engaged.  

I set mine with toe down as off (100%.  I set the bypass to be engaged at 98%.