Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JOGG; A cheap but great pedal audio interface for Native on M1.

PierM

Just wanted to share that I find this little pedal/interface a great companion for Native on Mac M1. Hotone JOGG.

Runs without drivers, an incredible roundtrip of just 4.52ms at 32 sample (vs almost 8ms with HX Stomp as interface). Zero glitches and pops on my Macbook Pro M1.

HI-Z input, stereo output, headphones port, D.I. XLR, aux in, Direct/DAW footswitch, Master Volume and Gain, USB powered or 9V. Ground Lift switch. Metal case.

Great sound, plenty of usable gain, built like a tank. I love it! (not affiliated in any way, just sharing).

86-C6-E2-B9-D9-AD-413-B-A426-59-B1476741

98-EF6-B5-D-5-AA6-46-EA-86-EE-40-C554-D5

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:32 AM, soundog said:

I've used Hotone MIDI foot switches and found them to be well designed, versatile, and very affordable.

Yep. I also have couple of controllers from them, and it looks like they aren't taking any shortcut.

I'm in a search for a new USB foot switch board for HXN with MainStage but am not quite finding the 'right' one. Had been using an Apogee GIO for years until it now doesn't work w/ Ventura.

I set my concert up each time I play with a patch for each song then a few HXN mapped stomp boxes to enable whatever so I need next/prev patch buttons, tuner, tap tempo and 4-6 switches for pedal on/off. 

I'd like LEDs of some sort that I can turn ON from HXN/MS when that stomp is engaged (GIO concert used to do this).

In a perfect world I'd have scribble strips for each stomp so I can see at my feet what the effect is instead of always having to look over to the laptop.

The Hotone ones aren't quite big enough. The Nektar Pacer seems about perfect (although I prefer little round typical stomp buttons or something fancy like this JOGG has) but their reviews are not altogether encouraging.

Additionally, even on the 12Step I bought last week I've yet to figure out how to light the LEDs (Manual says you can...I just can't resolve it in MS) let alone send text to a scribble strip from MS.

Am considering even making one w/ a Teensy or Arduino...if I can't find the right solution.

Ideas?

tks/peace

I don't have an off-the-shelf switch I recommend over others, although there are plenty out there.  Maybe others will chime in. I've built and used Teensy-based controllers. If you've got the time to build and program one, I'd say go for it. However, the cost can run up quicker than you expect, especially if you use good switches + LEDs (LEDs, power, and DPDT switches are a requirement, I think, so you are aware of switch status), MIDI connectors and a good enclosure. It's easy to underestimate the amount of time it takes to drill enclosures, wire, solder, troubleshoot, program, trouble shoot some more, etc. The good part, though, is that you will end up with exactly what you want, save some money, and you will be proud of what you built.

Re Hotone, you can add extra ones to get more switches, and mount them if you need more stability. I've used them with success with a MIDI-based live setup. Cheap, but no LEDs!

So, I ended buying another one of these, as I really enjoy it, and I want one velcroed on my pedalboard and another one for mobile use with my laptop.

Find out that in the market there are two versions, one with USB micro and the other with USB C. Love the one with USB C, much friendly for my MacBook.

IMG-8511.jpg

IMG-8512.jpg

• Upvote 1