Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

driver helix Lt windows 7 code-52 _ can't use my Helix as an audio Interface

truelle

Hello There,

i'm owning a Helix Lt for few years now with lots of joy; but i never used it as an audio interface, till these days. I wanted to try it for its reamping possibilities. But i can't !

HX Edit works fine, and all is up to date:

Helix LT 3.50

HX edit 3.51

In my configuration panel, Audio devices, appears a code-52 error on the Helix driver 1.97.0.2 (small yellow triangle)

any idea how to solve that code-52 problem ?

thanks

Do you mean the Windows Device Manager?

Uninstall all of the Helix Drivers (Apps and Features in Settings), then reinstall HX Edit.

Or is this in your DAW? The above solution might fix that too.

When asking these kinds of questions, you should provide details - computer type, OS version, DAW brand/version, etc.

• Upvote 1

Yes, in my Windows Device Manager (the little yellow triangle on the Helix driver).

Laptop Thinkpad x220

Windows 7 x64

Ableton Live 10

I'l try to uninstall all of it tomorrow... but i already did it once, excepted the line 6 updater.

How can we check in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers that every thing is clean ?

thx in the meantime

Yes, my kit is old, but my energy is young.

That would be very nice to have such a rational feedback, i mean, a known issue; because i would stop to wonder what's wrong ?

I've never yet contacted support. I'll try to do it.

best regards

On 2/13/2023 at 9:04 AM, truelle said:

In my configuration panel, Audio devices, appears a code-52 error on the Helix driver 1.97.0.2 (small yellow triangle)

any idea how to solve that code-52 problem ?

Hi,

As mentioned by @rd2rk in his post above, you are running a computer with Windows 7 which is very old. Even Microsoft stopped doing security updates for it back in January 2020.

Anyhow, you stated that the driver which you have installed is 1.97.0.2. My guess is, that version is incompatible with your OS.

If you go to the download page and select Helix LT under hardware, then driver from the Software drop down menu, then specifically Windows 7 from the OS option, the last version that is listed as being compatible with Windows 7 is Line 6 Helix Driver2 version 1.96 released in March 2021.

Maybe time for you to upgrade your equipment if you are wanting to record digital audio. Alternatively, buy an inexpensive audio interface, such as, for example:  M-Audio M-Track Solo, or the Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD, which has a specific 32 bit driver for Windows 7.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thx Datacommado,

i'm afraid what you say makes sense.

But when we read this on the line6 web site:

---------------------------------

HX Edit 3.52 Release Notes

HX Edit 3.52 (released February 14, 2023) includes bug fixes and additional improvements, and is strongly recommended for all users. This update applies only to Helix Native and HX Edit software; there is currently no 3.52 firmware planned for Helix and HX hardware.

Bug Fixes in 3.52

Issue with HX Edit not launching with SD card inserted.

Compatible OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------

it's hard to understand that the last driver which is contained in the HX Edit pack is not compatible with windows 7.

I've opened a ticket with the support, to be sure of the impossibilty, if it's the case.

thx for your time.

• Like 1

Just for information to close the subject (even if it seems that I am the only one on earth to be in this situation):

The support team answered me. They confirmed that the last driver 1.97.0.2 is not compatible anymore with my windows 7 set up.

I uninstalled this driver and reinstalled the previous version 1.96.

Now everything is ok. I managed to use my Helix LT up to date (3.50 firmware), as an audio interface. with the Asio Helix LT driver 1.96.  And Hx Edit 3.51 is working too.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 11:31 AM, Mercurietto said:

Hi truelle, i have a similar issue too with W7.

The driver is inside HX Stomp software (now i'm using HX Edit 3.52) , so where i can find the 1.96 version of the driver ?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

At the top of this page select DOWNLOADS from the menu. Next choose your Hardware from the drop down menu, then from Choose Software select ‘Drivers”, now from under Choose OS, pick Windows 7. Now hit the “Go” button and the Line 6 Driver version 1.96 should be right there - click the blue button named “GET DOWNLOAD”  to download to your computer.

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2023 at 12:56 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

At the top of this page select DOWNLOADS from the menu. Next choose your Hardware from the drop down menu, then from Choose Software select ‘Drivers”, now from under Choose OS, pick Windows 7. Now hit the “Go” button and the Line 6 Driver version 1.96 should be right there - click the blue button named “GET DOWNLOAD”  to download to your computer.

Yeah I believe he did that. There is no specific W7 driver for what I can see. It's just the same driver for W7, 8, 10 and 11.

My bet on this is that new drivers aren't really tested or fully certified for the dusty Windows 7 (as they aren't for Windows 11)...

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 12:09 PM, PierM said:

Yeah I believe he did that. There is no specific W7 driver for what I can see. It's just the same driver for W7, 8, 10 and 11.

My bet on this is that new drivers aren't really tested or fully certified for the dusty Windows 7 (as they aren't for Windows 11)...

Hi,

I checked before posting the information - there is a specific driver v.1.96 for Windows 7 available for download.

;-)

• Upvote 1