Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp XL - Two Questions

cchimi

1.  Can I turn off the touch sensitivity of the footswitches?  I'm constantly touching them accidentally as I'm making other adjustments.  I looked for this in the settings, but I don't see it.

2. The two leftmost footswitches, with the up and down arrows, can be used to switch presets, banks, or snapshots, IIRC.  I'd like to set them up in Command Center to control other devices using MIDI.  I can set the MIDI messages but those switches are still changing my presets.  Is it possible to stop those footswitches from switching presets, banks, or snapshots such that they only send the assigned MIDI messages?

Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

On 2/28/2023 at 2:20 PM, cchimi said:

1.  Can I turn off the touch sensitivity of the footswitches?  I'm constantly touching them accidentally as I'm making other adjustments.  I looked for this in the settings, but I don't see it.

2. The two leftmost footswitches, with the up and down arrows, can be used to switch presets, banks, or snapshots, IIRC.  I'd like to set them up in Command Center to control other devices using MIDI.  I can set the MIDI messages but those switches are still changing my presets.  Is it possible to stop those footswitches from switching presets, banks, or snapshots such that they only send the assigned MIDI messages?

Carl

Replying to 1 - I think there's a Global Setting "Stomp Select" which has the default "Touch". Have you tried setting it to "Press"?

• Upvote 2

On 2/28/2023 at 2:20 PM, cchimi said:

Carl

Hi Carl,

I keep on saying this, but the Manual is your friend!

HX Stomp XL 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev B - Page 58 - Global Settings> Footswitches

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f21c86112a483099fb/application/pdf/HX Stomp XL Owner's Manual - Rev B - English .pdf

Also, this keep on cropping up - but here ya go!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 2

You guys really helped.  I knew the options were there, because I've had the pedal for a while, but haven't used it in a couple of years.  

Thanks a lot.  Things are now working as I want them to.

(By the way, I have RTFM, but not for a while.  I thought I knew how to do both things I mentioned, but had a brain fart coming back to this pedal.)

Thanks again,

Carl

• Thanks 1