Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adriatic Swell in HX Stomp

ttorus1

I'm using Adriatic Swell and it seems that the swell effect begins at any point along the timeline, that is, when you pick you could be at the peak of the swell. I would want the swell to trigger at its low point when I pick, then swell up. Am I doing something wrong or are there settings to establish the trigger point?

graphical user interface, application

Threshold sets the input level at which the effect is swelled in or out.

Attack determines how fast or slow the swell happens.

If you want the note you pick to swell you need to make sure the note's level is high enough to exceed the threshold level AND that the level was below the threshold before you hit said note.

Put a compressor or overdrive in front if the swell is too dynamic.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I still get a HUGE swell suddenly, or no trigger at all. Certainly too dynamic.

What I'm seeking is that each note begin low and swell high, up to a point - the same point.

I'm working particularly with Deluxe Comp.

Still working on this - any suggestions?

For single note stuff an auto swell effect is always a struggle. You need to have a balanced guitar where all the notes are the same level. If the higher notes are lower in level they trigger the swell later. This means need to be pick with different intensity depending where you are on the fretboard. And you need to accurately play one note at a time and have a good dampening technique between the notes - otherwise you accidentally don't trigger the swell. 

Instead of the Adriatic Swell you can use the Autoswell into the Adriatic Delay which gives you more options to adjust the swell.

But honestly I'd use a volume pedal for swelling into single notes - it's way easier - at least for me.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1