Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CC Toggle Switches

jstaines33

Hey All!  Using the Helix floor, I'm trying to find a way to essentially switch between stomp mode and a "command" mode to send CC toggle messages to an external looper.  The command center does this perfectly, however I want to use all the switches to send various midi messages and then switch back to stomp mode for effects.   Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

On 12/1/2023 at 11:20 PM, jstaines33 said:

I want to use all the switches to send various midi messages and then switch back to stomp mode for effects.   Is there any way to do this?

Unless I am mistaken, Stomp mode is where all the MIDI/CC stuff is done with footswitches so I don't think you can have access to both.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:20 PM, jstaines33 said:

Hey All!  Using the Helix floor, I'm trying to find a way to essentially switch between stomp mode and a "command" mode to send CC toggle messages to an external looper.  The command center does this perfectly, however I want to use all the switches to send various midi messages and then switch back to stomp mode for effects.   Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

If you mean within a preset, switch to a mode where the footswitches ONLY send MIDI, no.

You COULD assign unused snapshots to send a specific set of MIDI commands using the ICs (instant commands) without changing anything in the active preset.

Thanks for the responses!  I figured out a way that works.  I assigned the last available foot switch in Stomp box using command center to switch to another preset that is all midi commands and then in that preset assigned that same switch to return to my Stomp box preset.  Sadly I'm using 2 paths so there is an audio cut out.   So I had to put the looper last in the chain and not have it return back into Helix.  So the looper can be looping and I can switch the preset to my midi commands and not have anything cut out.  Figured I would respond with my solution in case it helps anyone!

interesting.... I am assuming (yeah, I know) that both presets are the same except for the FS assignments.  again assuming you have  clean, crunch, lead setups in the preset.  If you are in lead mode and switch to your new preset, you will not be in lead mode there, unless you saved it like that.

How are you compensating for that?