Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Audio Interface Distortion on output

cchild2112

I set up my Helix Floor as an audio interface to Presonus Studio One 6 this morning; recording was fine. However, I couldn’t hear the playback. After a little while I realized that I needed to adjust the Global Settings output destination.  That worked.  To a point.  The recorded playback was very distorted, even at low volume. The meters on the Helix were barely registering a signal, so I’m perplexed.  The meters on the DAW were showing a healthy signal: not too quiet, no clipping.   Any ideas?

How are your speakers/monitors connected? They should be connected to the Helix audio outputs.  No Global Setting should need to be adjusted; just make sure the Output block in the Helix preset includes the physical outputs that your speakers are connected to (1/4”, XLR, …).

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 8:18 AM, silverhead said:

How are your speakers/monitors connected? They should be connected to the Helix audio outputs.  No Global Setting should need to be adjusted; just make sure the Output block in the Helix preset includes the physical outputs that your speakers are connected to (1/4”, XLR, …).

I haven’t connected speakers; just using headphones.  

On 12/15/2023 at 9:51 AM, Schmalle said:

Did you playback via USB 3/4 - re-amping the playback through the active patch?

I don’t think so, but I will look…