Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[HD500X] How to stream mp3/wav playback using CD/MP3 IN?

SethGecko

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if it's a wrong Forum section. 

Could someone describe please how to stream playback using CD/MP3 IN?

I was connecting my laptop with Line 6 HD500X using 3.5 jack cable. I also hear playback in my headphones which are also connected to HD500X, but when I try to stream in on the another platform ( tested in Discord ) noone hear it.

What I did:

1. Guitar is connected to GUITAR IN ( HD500X )

2. Microphone is also connected to HD500X using XLR cable

3. Playback - using 3.5 cable from laptop to HD500X

In the platform ( Discord ) settings for INPUT and OUTPUT HD500X paramet is selected.

Could someone help me please with this issue?

Thank you! 

My computer audio plays through my Pod headphones when the computer is connected via USB.

Guitar into pod via 1/4

computer into pod via USB 

Headphones in pod 

But be careful. The default volume is 100%. I need to turn it down every time I plug in.

My bad. I misunderstood what you wanted.

Yes, this setup works for me, but the problem is how to stream a playback on Youtube, Twitch or some another platform.

I have connected:

- Guitar into POD using 1/4 cable

- POD to computer via USB 

- Microphone into POD using XLR cable

- Playback into CD/MP3 IN using 3.5 cable

And when I try to stream on on Youtube or Discord guitar, microphone are heard by listeners but playback - no!

Could you tell me please is it possible to make playback be heared?

Thank you!

Both what comes in via the CD/MP3 input and playback from the computer via USB are only played back/monitored by the standard outputs (jack and xlr) and the headphone output, but cannot be streamed (or recorded) using only the POD as audio interface.

To be able to stream everything together you need another audio interface to connect the POD to.

The other audio interface could also be the one already integrated into your computer, in which case you should connect the POD to your computer via jack and select the intergrated AI in your streaming program.

Headphones should be connected to your computer or other external audio interface depending on what you choose to use.

The POD can still remain connected via USB to your computer just for editing purposes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

A further detail if it helps…..

Incoming audio from the cd/mp3 input is analog. It is passed directly to the analog outputs without undergoing any A/D conversion. Hence it is not available in digital format for signal processing with the POD device,  nor is it available to be sent over usb.