Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DRUM MACHINE/DRUM LOOPER - Helix

agz07

Would it be possible to add Drum Looper/DRUM Machine in helix floor

There are cheap multi effects out there with drum looper installed, i think it would be great to have in in helix as well.. that's possible right?

I suppose it's possible, but you would need to submit it to the Helix Ideascale where users can vote on the idea.  That's what Line 6 looks at as far as adding capabilities.

I'm skeptical about it since it's such a specialty area and it really is kind of a separate thing from being a guitar processor.  Most functional drum looper/machines need multiple functions and actions to simulate the main beat, the transitional patterns and the ending pattern at a minimum that are controlled by the user.  Not to mention requiring a library of drum patterns in different time signatures and styles.  I suppose they could do something similar to what they do with the simple looper, but I personally think that would be pretty lame and not sound very "real".

On 3/14/2024 at 7:48 AM, agz07 said:

Would it be possible to add Drum Looper/DRUM Machine in helix floor

There are cheap multi effects out there with drum looper installed, i think it would be great to have in in helix as well.. that's possible right?

Hi,

Here we go again, another first post without doing a little research.

I cannot see this happening after being on the market since 2015, especially has it has been discussed may times previously.

I don’t want to type out all the reasons again - See my reply in this thread:-

Oh, here’s another -

Lots of other beat creation options out there in the world.

Hope this helps/makes sense.