Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Set a stomp button to navigate to a preset AND a specific snapshot within it

JamieHartnoll

This may not be possible, so the full question is:

"Is it possible to set a stomp box button to navigate from whatever preset/snapshot I am using to another preset WITH a specifc snapshot selected?"

I know that using the Command Centre I can make stomp mode button take me from whichever preset I am in and whichever snapshot I am in to another preset OR to another snapshot within the current preset, but I can't see a way to select which snapshot is loaded when moving to another preset.

For absolute clarity, say I am using Preset 1 and have the board set to stomp mode with one of my footswitches set to take me to Preset 2, is there any way to have that take me to Snapshot X from Preset 2?

I know that I can set the default snapshot on any preset, but that would limit the flexibility of this, say I wanted a button that takes me to Snapshot X of Preset 2 from Preset 1 and another to take me to Snapshot Y of Preset 2 from Preset 1....

Any way to do it using MIDI controls, but no external gear? If no direct way?

Probably a long winded way of asking this... sorry!

The question is actually quite simple and the answer is even more simple: no.

With external MIDI hardware you combine MIDI PC for the preset and CC#69 for snapshot. There is no HX internal equivalent for that AFAIK.

• Like 1

If I'm understanding you correctly, you would have to dedicate a button to each iteration of the preset you wanted. i.e. One button with snapshot X and preset 2 and another one with snapshot y and preset 2.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:18 PM, brue58ski said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you would have to dedicate a button to each iteration of the preset you wanted. i.e. One button with snapshot X and preset 2 and another one with snapshot y and preset 2.

Ah, yeah. That could work. So Preset 2 would have copies of itself but with the default snapshot set differently.

Thanks.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:53 PM, silverhead said:

Please explain what you mean by this.

If I am understanding correctly you would save the preset multiple times with different snapshots as the default and navigate to that because there is no way of setting a button go to a different preset with a specific snapshot.

That will work but it brings up what, for me, would be a more troublesome issue: maintenance. When you tweak the preset over time (and you know you will!) you will have to repeat those tweaks in each copy of the preset. Also, you will likely want some sort of preset naming convention to distinguish among them in your preset name display and backups; you don’t want all copies to use the same preset name.

Personally I would find it easier to press two footswitches - one to select the preset (with the default snapshot active) and then immediately a second footswitch to activate the desired snapshot. If practical you could use the Stomp/Preset display so the snapshot change is always available at your feet.

I think the problem is he wants to go directly from preset 1 to preset 2 with the desired snapshot ready to go. Otherwise, going to preset 2 and THEN going to the desired snapshot for that preset would be better.

On 4/17/2024 at 12:27 PM, brue58ski said:

I think the problem is he wants to go directly from preset 1 to preset 2 with the desired snapshot ready to go. Otherwise, going to preset 2 and THEN going to the desired snapshot for that preset would be better.

Yes, I understand. Just saying that if the only way to do that is with multiple copies of preset 2, differing only in the default snapshot, I wouldn’t do it.