Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording guitar with HX Stomp as audio interface via USB into Cubasis 3 on Android

ProgMike

Hello,

I recently downloaded Cubasis 3 for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+, running Android 14. I'm connecting to my tablet via the USB port on the HX Stomp directly to the USB C port on the tablet. My Stomp is running the latest version (3.71, I believe). Cubasis 3 sees the Stomp as both an input and output device, and I have ensured that I have it selected as the input and output device. I have created an audio track in Cubasis and selected the input source under routing. I've done everything as instructed by the Cubasis tutorial to record, but I'm getting no input. Cubasis forums state that there was an Android 13 feature with MIDI improvements that was causing it, so I've disabled all options in Cubasis relating to MIDI. I now wonder if it's a compatability issue between the Stomp and Android. In reading through the Stomp's user manual, I see reference to recording into Windows, Mac, and iPad/iPhone, but I see no mention of Android.

Does compatability exist between the Stomp and Android? If so, what else am I missing or what do I need to do to get my signal into Cubasis? I don't see any settings in the stomp that would prevent signal from getting to the tablet or indeed into Cubasis. Regardless, I have tweaked every setting I can find with no luck. The stomp's main volume knob is at 12 o'clock, and I am monitoring through headphones, which are getting the signal just fine. All things point to my signal being loud enough, though not clipping. Again, I have followed Cubasis' tutorials for recording, and the audio track is picking up sound as long as I am using the built-in mic and no USB is connected. I have a 3rd gen Focusrite 2i2, just in case. Though if I can just record with the stomp as my interface, I'd prefer that option. Note that I will be posting a similar post on the Cubasis 3 forums, in case it's not a Stomp issue.

Thanks for any input!

Mike

I don't have Androids, but on my iPhone I need to enable the Microphone in Privacy & Security.

Also, in the Cubase MIXER panel, there's a speaker icon that needs to be selected.

No way I'm gonna pay Steinberg to use Cubase, so I've never bothered to learn much about it, so that's all I've got!

Good Luck!