Sign in to follow this  
dubaiblues

Wet Dry Setup 5150iii Combo

Okay guys. I need suggestions, please. I just purchased a new 5150iii combo amp and I'm looking to setup a wet, dry rig if possible. I have the pod HD500x and PA speakers. Is my idea mad, impossible or easily done?? Thank you in advance for the help.

i dont understand what you're asking? but maybe search the forums for 4CM and that might be it.

The Dry part is the question. What is it you want to do with the Dry Part. You have an HD500 that can handle the PA Speakers and make them sing Wet or Dry all day panning between them even. I'm not sure, but I don't think the pod can run the PA's with the XLR's out and 5150 with the HD500 simultaneously. Oh wait, you might be able to run the SP/DIF Dry out the HD500 into the PA's depending on what inputs are on the back of them. If that's the case you can run 3 channels. Dang I'm good. Just trying to get the creative juices flow'in. Oh crikey what's that running out my ears!! :)

LOL.           Thanks for the input. What I planned on doing was..... Run pre effects (phaser, Flanger) to my amp and have only that sound coming from my amp. Push my amp tone (preamp out) through the hd500 with post effects  out thru xlr cables to PA speakers. I was able to achive this, but the sound from my PA speakers was a mess. So I tried to run my amp thru one channel of the pod muted and using the HD 500s amp sim with effects thru Channel B and out to my PA speakers. What I got was bleed over into channel B from my 5150. I think what im trying to do is possible, but maybe not with PA speakers.