Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix Floor - Exp Pedal 1 y 2 ¿Bug?

Whiplash030100

Hello!
I recently bought a Line 6 Helix Floor and I'm just starting to learn how to use it, I watched many tutorials on Youtube about it, I created and customized my presets, what caught my attention was how I could use the exp pedals 1 and 2 for different parameters that I wanted, and it worked perfectly, it automatically changed from exp 1 and 2 according to what I assigned, after downloading Hx Edit and update the firmware to the latest version, I started to have problems with the exp pedals, automatically only put me to expression pedal 2 and I could no longer use the 1, nor with the parameters that I had assigned to use with the exp pedal 1, no longer changed, only stayed in the expression pedal 2, when I used and activated the effects assigned to the expression pedal 1, did nothing, because it remained in the 2, which forced me to have to send them all to the expression pedal 2 because I have not found how to solve it.

Just a guess here…. Perhaps it’s something with your Global Settings. Updating firmware restores the Global Settings to their default values. After updating you should use HX Edit to Restore Backup. This will let you restore the Global Settings and other things to their pre-update state. If you haven’t done this you may want to.

On 10/24/2024 at 6:18 PM, Whiplash030100 said:

after downloading Hx Edit and update the firmware to the latest version,

Hi,

Big clue right there! 

Prior to updating the firmware, HX Edit prompts you to create a backup of all the settings contained in your Helix.

As noted by @silverheadin the post above, after updating you can restore all the functions of your hardware to their previous state, including your chosen Expression pedal functions.

See page 6 of the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual for more updating firmware info.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a00050b287e6643b71cda93a/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - English .pdf

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 10/24/2024 at 2:01 PM, silverhead said:

Just a guess here…. Perhaps it’s something with your Global Settings. Updating firmware restores the Global Settings to their default values. After updating you should use HX Edit to Restore Backup. This will let you restore the Global Settings and other things to their pre-update state. If you haven’t done this you may want to.

So, what I would have to do is to reset to factory defaults to solve this “Bug”?

No do not reset to factory defaults. And it's not a bug.

If the problem is what I suspect you need to open HX Edit and select the Restore from Backup item under the File menu. Select the most recent backup file. Then leave the check mark beside the Global Settings item in the menu. You can deselect the other checked items if you wish.

• Upvote 2

On 10/25/2024 at 1:28 PM, Whiplash030100 said:

So, what I would have to do is to reset to factory defaults to solve this “Bug”?

There is no bug... bugs are unintended... this is by design.

As far back as I've owned my Helix (2018), the update procedure has been as follows 

1. Full backup of the Helix (this is forced when updating through HX Edit)
  2. Update the firmware... this will restart the helix and rebuild the presets
  3. Perform a factory reset... (also restarts the Helix)
  4. Restore what you require from your last backup
    1. Global Settings (I do these)
    2. IR's (I do these)
    3. Presets/Setlists (I have 2 setlists I import where I do all my work... YMMV)
  5. Restart one last time and let the Helix rebuild the presets! 
  6. Not part of the update notes... but I also do one more restart to make sure it starts without rebuilding again. 

I set aside 1 hour for the full procedure... it often takes much less.

I never update the day of a show... or anything else that may be important. 

Since 2018 I've done a lot of updates... I have never encountered an issue. I'm not saying others have never encountered issues, I'm just saying I haven't! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2024 at 7:28 PM, Whiplash030100 said:

Hi, again,

DO NOT RESET!

There is no “bug”!  

You have stated that you are a new user, please follow the solutions provide by people who are veteran Helix users.

Please, read, study and inwardly digest the information provided in the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual by downloading it from the link which I posted in my previous reply above.

On 10/25/2024 at 6:15 PM, datacommando said:

Hi, again,

DO NOT RESET!

There is no “bug”!  

You have stated that you are a new user, please follow the solutions provide by people who are veteran Helix users.

Please, read, study and inwardly digest the information provided in the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual by downloading it from the link which I posted in my previous reply above.

Hello!
I have already seen the manual that you have left, thank you very much, I have reviewed your suggestion with page 6, but I can not find how to start the process to solve this problem that does not let me use the Exp 1, since only Exp 2 appears illuminated, and as I am a new user it would help me a lot if you could explain more thoroughly, and I already have the latest version of firmware Helix Floor

image.png

On 10/25/2024 at 5:04 PM, codamedia said:

There is no bug... bugs are unintended... this is by design.

As far back as I've owned my Helix (2018), the update procedure has been as follows 

1. Full backup of the Helix (this is forced when updating through HX Edit)
  2. Update the firmware... this will restart the helix and rebuild the presets
  3. Perform a factory reset... (also restarts the Helix)
  4. Restore what you require from your last backup
    1. Global Settings (I do these)
    2. IR's (I do these)
    3. Presets/Setlists (I have 2 setlists I import where I do all my work... YMMV)
  5. Restart one last time and let the Helix rebuild the presets! 
  6. Not part of the update notes... but I also do one more restart to make sure it starts without rebuilding again. 

I set aside 1 hour for the full procedure... it often takes much less.

I never update the day of a show... or anything else that may be important. 

Since 2018 I've done a lot of updates... I have never encountered an issue. I'm not saying others have never encountered issues, I'm just saying I haven't! 

Hello, I really liked your explanation, but I have many doubts, could you explain me more in detail, because I really don't understand much about Helix.
Thank you very much 

On 10/25/2024 at 8:20 PM, Whiplash030100 said:

Hello, I really liked your explanation, but I have many doubts, could you explain me more in detail, because I really don't understand much about Helix.
Thank you very much 

My steps are already detailed, and they are also in every update instruction Line 6 issues. I don't know how to make it clearer. 

You said that the problem occurred after an UPDATE!

The simple question is... did you follow the update instructions and did you restore your "global settings" after the update? If not, that is likely where your problem occurred.

Silverhead tells you how to restore your global settings... give it a try.

On 10/25/2024 at 1:53 PM, silverhead said:

open HX Edit and select the Restore from Backup item under the File menu. Select the most recent backup file. Then leave the check mark beside the Global Settings item in the menu. You can deselect the other checked items if you wish.

• Upvote 1

On 10/26/2024 at 2:18 AM, Whiplash030100 said:

Hello!
I have already seen the manual that you have left, thank you very much, I have reviewed your suggestion with page 6, but I can not find how to start the process to solve this problem that does not let me use the Exp 1, since only Exp 2 appears illuminated, and as I am a new user it would help me a lot if you could explain more thoroughly, and I already have the latest version of firmware Helix Floor.

O.K. Minor typographic mistake - the page number should have been page 5, but if you had read the manual you would already know that. It is listed on the contents page as “Updating Helix Firmware“.

See the Firmware v3.71 Release Notes - 

EDIT:

Also see this - 

Edited by datacommando
Added vid